𝐥. 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐠

Circa March 1996:

HOGWARTS CORRIDOR:

Hogwarts had been under fire... literal fire.

Well not to exaggerate but Artemis's emotions had been so out of control that she had struggled to keep them in. Her composure during most of her interactions with Umbridge resulted in her... setting fire to a few sights on the school grounds.

The pink woman surprisingly wasn't the cause of this, Dumbledore was.

Between every mention of the wizard or sighting she just couldn't keep her overwhelming anger at bay. She didn't want to believe what her family had told her or what they seemed to have speculated but all signs had pointed to the extraordinary wizard.

Compartmentalising was so out of reach for the young witch, bottling up her feelings was something she couldn't comprehend anymore, no matter how hard she tried.

It was exhausting, but so was living at this point.

"Is everything going to get better?" The 2nd year asked, barely managing to wipe away the tear that escaped his eye.

Artemis, George and Fred had stumbled onto the young Hufflepuff wizard after he had been punished by Umbridge. The burning scar on his chubby little hands was prominent until the Seramore witch muttered the healing spell.

Although the writing seemed to fade, the pain and torment hid behind his glossy eyes.

Artemis exchange a glance with the twins, before she replied, "It's going to get worse before it gets better, but don't give up okay?"

Fred nodded along, "Yeah, ours don't even hurt anymore." he showed his healing hand to the impressionable 2nd year boy, who timidly stared at them all.

"That spell helps a lot doesn't it?" George nudged him, shooting him a sad smile.

"Princess over here made it." Fred nodded towards the Slytherin witch, who playfully rolled her eyes.

The 2nd year's eyes bulged out of his head, "Really?"

"I did," she admitted with a tired grin.

"That's sick."

"It is."

George snickered, "Always so humble."

"Shut up." she playfully nudged him, which put a smile on the 2nd year's face.

But soon all delight faded, when Umbridge cleared her throat, attracting their attention, as well as an apprehensive Harry Potter.

The blotchy woman's grin widened as she stared at the 'chosen one', not bothering to shoot a glance at the Seramore witch, who couldn't hide her bemusement.

"As I told you once Mr Potter, naughty children deserve to be punished." the older witch stated with a triumphant grin before she gradually walked away.

The twins stood up, along with Artemis, they joined Harry. They all kept their gaze on Umbridge's retreating figure.

Fred's eyes shone with mirth, "You know what George? I always thought our futures lay outside of academic achievement." his teased.

Geoge hummed in agreement, "Fred, I've been thinking exactly the same thing."

"I'm still up for putting her down," Artemis said carelessly, emitting laughter from the twins, despite knowing that she was being serious.

Harry shot her a disapproving glance, one that she ignored, "What? No."

"Fine, if she wants to take all the excitement out of the school...we need to set a fire under her arse to put it back in," she stated, her eyes drifted between the twins, who smirked boyishly.