𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

Late April 1994:

Dear my darling Draco,

I am saddened to hear that you have been through so much and kept it all to yourself.

I am also slightly disheartened to hear that you have made such a mess of your 3rd year at Hogwarts.

Your father and I didn't raise you to be a coward, so I am glad to hear that you have managed to resolve the issues that involved you and your group of friends.

I was overcome with joy that you and young Arty might start dating.

I love that girl as if she were my own, please treat her like your father treats me; with love and respect, or you'll have Celly and Lia to deal with and that wouldn't be pretty my darling.

Please just try and find the right words to woo her with, she's a beautiful and intelligent girl and i couldn't imagine you with anyone else.

You should try and engage her before other ghastly young boys try to do the same thing.

I love you with all my heart and good luck my little star.

N.M.

***

ASTRONOMY TOWER:

"I like you Artemis," Draco blurted out after he brought the Seramore witch to the astronomy tower.

Immediately after he received his mother's letter he didn't want to waste any more time, he simply couldn't.

Each time he thought back on his behaviour throughout the year he rolled his eyes, not because he didn't care, it's because he had realised how embarrassing it had been.

He didn't want to be like that anymore. He wanted to change, not just for his friends, but for himself.

He had already made amends with the rest of his group and there was just one more person to make it up to.

His arty.

Artemis was taken back to hear him use her full name, he never did, "what-"

"I'm deeply sorry for what I have put you through, it was stupid and you shouldn't be treated like that."

"Draco-" he cut her off again, she sighed.

"Please forgive me, I can't handle the space between us anymore, even though I caused it-" he sucked in a deep breath before he continued, "I brought you to the astronomy tower because it was the first place I found on the school grounds that I showed you, so we could just be alone." he gestured to the room around them, she nodded slowly and embraced the butterflies in her stomach, "so I thought it would be a great place for us to talk and be alone again."

"Okay," she smiled up at him.

"and-"

"Draco can you let me talk?" she cut him off, knowing that he was about to ramble again, he nodded and rung out his hands, still feeling anxious.

"I forgive you," she whispered, the words made him freeze and gawk down at her.

"You do?"

"I do," she spoke absentmindedly, ignoring it sounded like they were saying wedding vows, "but I'm just worried."