𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞

Wednesday, August 19th:

DIAGON ALLEY:

Artemis had started to walk through Diagon Alley, The crowds began to part letting her come through as her shoes met the cobbled street.

She didn't pay attention to the onlookers who whispered her name as she walked by. The daily Prophet informed the wizarding world about her discovery over 2 months ago and it's still in the newspapers now.

Rita Skeeter had tried to interview her many times but Celeste didn't want the hyperbolic journalist twisting her daughter's words so she had to decline on the behalf of her child at least 10 times.

Her mother apparated her to the Alley a couple of minutes prior but she had to leave again since she was told that there were issues with one of the materials her designers were using, she also told her daughter that Lucius and Draco had business to attend to in Borgin and Burkes she so said to meet them in the Flourish and Botts.

She got what she needed for the school year and put it all in her charming bag, it allowed her to have infinite space. She was standing by the balcony looking down at her peers, hands resting on the rail in front of her.

She saw the flashes from cameras below, she narrowly avoided Gilderoy Lockhart and his overbearing personality. She heard from Daphne that he was going to be their new Defence against the dark arts teacher.

Yay.

Why couldn't Dumbledore give the position to Snape? She wondered.

She liked Snape as her potions teacher but she would like to see how he would if he had gotten the position that he has been after for years. Maybe he would even crack a smile.

She wouldn't be surprised if Lockhart didn't teach her a single successful spell this year. She hoped she wouldn't fail because he would be too busy looking at himself instead of teaching. Artemis already knew she would have to study spells in her spare time, so she bought some extra books in preparation.

"Bonjour princess," A voice broke her out of her thoughts, she swiveled around and saw a taller version of her best friend. He lost most of the baby fat that filled up his face, she gawked as her eyes trailed up his body. He smirked "M'avez-vous manqué?"

She ran into his arms and he brought her into a tight embrace, she loved his french accent, it always sounded so rich, "Oh my Merlin, D you've grown." she looked up at the boy who was towering over her, "and your voice has gotten deeper."

Puberty hit him like a bludger. Artemis tried to ignore her thoughts but a huge grin made it onto her face.

"You're no longer the same size as Flikwik anymore," she hit the back of his head, he started to laugh. His eye scanned her face, he noticed her brown eyes had widened, chocolate skin had gotten silkier, must be from the sun. her dark curls looked more defined, he let his finger be entrapped by one of them, "you look so pretty."

A blush appeared on her cheeks, she hid her face into his chest, his body vibrated due to his laughter, "thank you." They pulled away from the embrace but his hands glided down to her hips, he still wore a smile on his face, his eyes stayed on her eyes, "Stop looking at me like that."

He tilted his head, "Like what?" It was how he always looked at her, but she just started to notice it more.

"Like that." His expression was making her feel odd. He playfully rolled his eyes, he stopped gazing at her because he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable. She cleared her throat, "what did you want to tell me?"

His eyes widened in realisation, "two things, one has to do with that fool, Potter." she nodded, "I overheard mother and father discussing something about how he's in danger this year," he sighed deeply, "and so are muggle-borns." he let out a laugh, she immediately flicked his forehead causing one of his hands to leave her waist and soothe the pain until it settles. "Calm down-