𝐥𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞

Monday, April 20th:

HOGWARTS:

The Hogwarts students, more especially the seventh years, were vanishing like Artemis. A phrase that Blaise didn't take kindly considering any mention of his cousin put him in a mood. A lot of them hadn't been seen for a couple of months and it had been more noticeable because of the lack of seats in the great hall which meant that the death eaters — correction professors had a clearer sight of who to punish next.

Days felt longer and hope was forgotten just like the liveliness of the castle.

All that was dead and buried.

Lessons were repetitive, the same old drab about purebloods and the importance of staying one. Nothing new, nothing truly significant.

Just nothing.

***

HOGWARTS:

"Mr Zabini, you haven't seen Miss Zhou, Patel, or Brown have you?" Blaise frowned when he looked up and saw Professor Mcgnagall's defeated eyes. Even in her lessons, she was tired but she kept trying despite herself and those around her the same as other infamous professors. "They were not present in their lessons this morning and I'm well aware of your popularity among your year group."

Students dashed past them in fear of being late for lessons. Punishments would come with breakfast, lunch and dinner nowadays.

"I haven't Miss, sorry," He caught worry flash through her cat-shaped eyes, "I doubt they're far though, they're smart girls, that's what my cousin told me. I bet they know what they're doing," he added quietly hoping she would drop the subject because of the dubious eyes on them.

"I suppose they are," she sent him a sharp nod and just when he was about to turn she said, "Just like Mr Thomas."

He would've frozen in his stance if it wasn't for the public setting, but instead, his eyes narrowed onto hers and he could've sworn her lips twitched upwards if he didn't blink.

"I believe he is, professor."

The seriousness of his voice inspired hope that another of her students was safe. Having not seen or heard from the promising boy in months, no doubt the others were on the grounds she just prayed that they didn't get caught.

That's all she has done ever since the death of Dumbledore.

Hope.

***

Tuesday, April 21st:

MENTE STRIAE:

"Blaise you div!" Theo hissed, shuffling closer to the boy who burnt another letter he had received from his cousin.

"What?!" he asked, tired and Theo's loudness wasn't doing much to stop that.

Neither of them could focus or stay awake in their DADA which nearly resulted in them getting hexed by Alecto.

"Stop saying you're going to die. That prophecy was pants in 3rd year and we all know it." Theo stressed, feeling a sense of dread looming over them, even though they were surrounded by a tranquillity charm, which tended to do a fat load of nothing nowadays, "What's bringing it up gonna do other than make Daph cry again?"

"I didn't mean to make her cry and she knows that," Blaise snapped, upset because he caused Daphne so much distress, "besides, Arty's notes said she'd been having feelings about it just like me T. Even in her dreams, it's present."