𝐱𝐥𝐯. 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐜

Circa October 1995:

Umbridge... or Umbitch as many liked to call her; The despicable woman had been appointed as a high inquisitor, therefore she inspected each and every classroom, smugly grinning and giggling in the corner with her notebook and quill.

Even Professor Snape was visibly disgusted by her presence.

Artemis had been playing the woman like a fiddle, reporting back to her with false information about the school, distracting Umbridge successfully and not putting any attention on the divine group.

Artemis even waved her pureblood status in front of the woman, tormenting the woman in a not-so-subtle way. It's not like the younger witch was proud of it... well, she wouldn't say she wasn't, however, this was just one of Artemis's tricks she didn't mind using to play with people she believed deserved it. It'd gotten  her out countless detentions and spared her from getting the words 'I must not tell lies' engraved on her hand, Merlin that hurt like a bitch.

Perhaps it was her cunning ways engulfing her, or just her Slytherin side, but Artemis was determined and she wasn't mad about playing the long game when it came to people like Dolores Umbridge.

But sadly this only made Umbridge disband all student organisations, unfortunately, it didn't have the effect that she thought it would. It just made the students much sneakier and discreet, which is what the 5th, 6th and 7th years needed to be if they wanted to throw a Halloween party in honour of their fallen friend.

And hopefully, they were going to do and try to not get caught.

***

Thursday, October 31st:

ARTEMIS' S DORMITORY:

'Come correctly or don't come at all'

...Is what the Halloween invite specified.

The party would be thrown in the Hufflepuff common room, with only 5th years and older in attendance.

Of course, Artemis had a helping hand on the guest list. Other than the normal Hufflepuff teens, Aurora, the Pureblood 5, the Weasley twins, Lee Jordan and also Harry Potter had also received an invite.  Everyone knew that the so-called chosen one was a friend of Cedric and even had to watch him die in that horrid earlier in the year, therefore they extended an invitation to him, but not to his little group. Li Mei Zhong was invited, due to being a close friend and girlfriend of Cedric, but she was too sad to even consider going.

Artemis was getting ready in her perfect room, as her boyfriend sat on the edge of her bed already dressed in his costume.

He wasn't a fan of the Hufflepuffs but remained civil with most of them since the memorial they had for Cedric a few months ago. That and Draco didn't like the idea of Artemis going to the party without him.

Draco was occasionally sent a nod of acknowledgement to Alana and Zacharias whenever he saw them, which wasn't often, but the moment he saw Iziah he immediately scowled, still holding his distaste for the younger Jones wizard.

"Does this look okay?" Artemis' voice pulled him out of his thoughts. He instantly gawked at her.

She had dressed up as the character Dionne from the film clueless they had recently watched, Daphne was going as Cher.

Artemis had adorned a black and white checkered skirt, a thin white undershirt and a red short-sleeved top. She wore her hair in knotless braids and opted for a thin black hairband. She chose to not wear the matching checkered jacket or hat knowing that the alcohol and warmth would make her feel hot and sticky.