𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬

WARNINGS: PANIC ATTACK

Circa January 1994:

Artemis wished she could've skipped Christmas and new years completely.

The emerald trio were quiet throughout the entire holiday, something that Lucius and Narcissa immediately picked up on, especially because of the frowns that graced their faces each day.

None of the children spoke about how bad their term was truly going, they attempted to act as normal as possible, but the Malfoy's saw straight through their act.

The tension had, unfortunately, drove Artemis to have more panic attacks, luckily her cousin helped her each time she experience one, Blaise didn't know what to do, other than a hug and rub her back, hoping that she would be fine, she fortunately was... until the next one.

Safe to say that Artemis just wanted the school year to be finished. She had kept on trying to create a spell that would calm her down or at least reduce her anxiety, but so far, she was unlucky.

As soon as the new term started, she continued with her busy schedule. To make matters worse Cassius Warrington believed it was the right time to try and ask her on another date, to which she denied him, making him infuriated and almost leading him to take advantage of her, after noticing her fatigue.

Artemis instantly reacted and shoved him away and kneed him in the privates, stopping his advances.

At that moment, she didn't shake with fear, it was more anger than anything.

The 5th year student was immediately expelled from Hogwarts.

Since then all of the purebloods made sure to keep an eye on her, whether they disliked her or not. It's just what Slytherins did. They looked after one another, now more than ever.

Celeste discovered what happened from her nephew, who was fuming about what took place as was the rest of his friends. She wanted her daughter to take a leave of absence but Artemis preferred to stay on school grounds.

The Dons were outraged as were the rest of the Quidditch team.

Draco had gotten more detentions since then, he had been in many fights with anyone who stared at Artemis wrong, despite the two still not being on speaking terms, he still had a strong desire to protect her, after all, she is family.

And he couldn't turn his back anymore.

***

Thursday, February 3rd:

PROFESSOR LUPIN'S CLASSROOM:

Artemis had been requested by her second favourite Professor, she didn't like to advertise that she liked Lupin, especially because she didn't want to risk not being Professor Snape's favourite anymore.

The raven-haired man's ego was more fragile than Draco's and that was saying something.

She waited until she finished her dinner and made her way toward Lupin's office. She loudly knocked on the door and after a few seconds, it flew open, revealing the professor and... none other than Harry Potter who was waiting for her.

"Did I do something?" she asked as her eyes darted between the two wizards, the door slammed shut as she strolled in, "Harold." She stared at the chosen one, who bashfully smiled at her.

"Artemis, hi," he waved at her.

Lupin looked between the two in curiosity before he turned back to the witch, "not to worry, you did nothing wrong," he reassured her, "Today I'm teaching you both how to conjure a Patronus" he grinned.