𝐥𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

WARNINGS: ANGST, MENTIONS OF DEATH AND MORE MATURE CONTENT

Sunday, July 28th

7 Potters in the sky.

Artemis had never heard anything more ridiculous. Utter bollocks is what she said to her godmother Narcissa when she was informed that the death eaters' efforts to cast the young wizard down from the sky proved to be a failure.

Honestly, she was quite happy that he continued to beat their efforts and it's not like she could express that happiness, not even to her fiancé.

She could trust Draco with her life, though, whenever she mentioned the wizard, his jealousy shot through the roof. Not like she could blame him. Harry almost took her away from him, a mistake... now she could admit but that didn't lessen the embers burning within Draco.

Hearing that Mad-Eye Moody was collateral in the mission lead her to feel slightly melancholic. The last time she had seen him was when Bartemuis Crouch jr was inhabiting his body during 4th year, and she wasn't a fan of his overall because of the agitating things he kept saying about her father.

One wizard down... how many more to go?

Artemis knew the side she wanted to be on now. Picking the right side had never been in her best interest as she usually could stay on the sidelines or pull the strings from a distance.

To the rest of the Wizarding World, she had allegedly been kidnapped by death eaters. No doubt that is what her mother told the Daily Prophet to keep any speculation off of her.

Whether or not it sounded believable wasn't what kept Artemis awake at night but many things did. One was that the Darkest wizard to ever live strolled and plotted through the cold halls of Malfoy Manor which prevented her from entering dreamland.

She missed peace, despite never really knowing it.

She missed her friends, her family and other loved ones.

So picking the right side might've been harder than expected but she accepted what was the right path, not just for her, but for the rest of the Wizarding world.

She already knew what she was capable of and knew it was time to accept the darkest parts of herself, instead of running, no, sprinting from it. Dropping the act and living up to her best ability. No matter what it costs.

Making sure that Voldemort's plans wouldn't succeed was a death mission and ensuring that Harry Potter survived was impossible, the kid attracted death at every turn.

Despite his mediocre brain, he was brave.

He was the hope of the Wizarding World, so if he dies, so does everything else.

So perhaps it was time she played against her family name.

She was going to end the war.

***

Thursday, August 1st:

MALFOY MANOR

Artemis had already started her plans.

Although, she felt like she was slipping further down the rabbit hole with no way to claw herself out. Many deaths would commence in this war and she was sure of that, she just knew millions had to be saved.

Walking through the gloomy Malfoy manor she ended up outside in the garden.

Not so far out she couldn't see a thing but not too far from the ceiling-length doors.