𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲

Circa July 1995:

MALFOY VILLA (SOUTH OF FRANCE):

The water shimmered beneath the moonlit sky.

The soft heat was attracted to the pool that Artemis and Draco floated in. Her legs were wrapped around his waist, whilst he effortlessly held her up.

The two were basking in the summer atmosphere, distancing themselves from the daunting vibes that they had endured during their previous school year at Hogwarts.

Cedric was never too far from her mind, Artemis often saw him in her dreams, and then sometimes he would torment her nightmares. Yet another person she had lost, only to see them in her subconscious, whether she allowed it or not.

Draco helped her come out of her daydreams, whether it was through poetry or a simple fairytale.

They had been residing in the south of France, along with his parents for the summer.

The couple had been celebrated by Lucius and Narcissa, after all, this was the first time they had seen the two together; so devoted to the other. Young and sweet.

It reminded them of how they used to be and how sometimes, for small moments they still were. Sometimes being young and innocent was all that they could ask for, or even hope for. But they knew that hope breeds eternal misery.

Something they did not have to look far to find.

Artemis pressed a chaste kiss to her boyfriend's lips, taking him by surprise, but he grinned down at her and returned the gesture.

The water continued to drift around them, soothing the couple with its soft waves and silent melodic movements.

The two preferred swimming during the nighttime to sleeping. There was something about the water that calmed them and allowed them to disassociate from life; The cruel reality they would soon have to face.

But until then, they floated around, clinging to each other as if they wouldn't survive if they didn't.

"I wish we could stay here for longer," Draco murmured after kissing her collarbone.

She smiled at him, "We could sleep out here." she offered, her eyes trailed over his face, noting how much he had changed in only a month, he was starting to look more manly, more mature, nothing like the boy he was in their fourth year.

They had both changed, physically and emotionally.

They seemed perfectly imperfect, causing their souls to dance as one, never battling only swaying in a soft motion.

It was clear to those who surrounded them that they were meant to be, which only made their parents silently plan their engagement sooner rather than later.

He sheepishly shook his head. "Not like that, I just want to say here, with you," he said softly, staring directly into her eyes, "forever."

She flushed at his proclamation, "Really?"

He huffed out a chuckle, "Why would I lie about that?" he senselessly tugged her closer, so that her legs tightened around his waist.

"Because you'd get bored."

"Of you?" he asked, his eyes furrowed after watching her nod timidly, he caught the vulnerability clinging to her tone. Something he only ever heard in himself, rarely Artemis. Draco shook his head, "never, my mind would forbid something so unimaginable."

"Oh really?" she asked teasingly, feeling satisfied with his words.

"Yes really." they laughed softly, before he added, "you're my everything."