𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢: 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐲

WARNINGS: FLUFF

Friday, April 15th 2005:

SOUTH OF FRANCE VILLA

A glorious aura orbited Artemis as she stared at her reflection.

She was getting married.

"Just breathe," she whispered, smiling widely at her appearance, "just breathe."

Fingers fiddled with the lace of her floor-length gown. A white gown this time. It grew the further it went down her legs, creating a long train behind her. The hemline was just about covering her bust, which was encircled by the off-shoulder sheer sleeves. A variety of patterns beautifully ran over the delicate fabric. I love it, she recalled screaming when her mother and aunt presented it to her, and then shortly after Daphne did the same. It was one of the finest pieces she had ever worn and they ever created.

Artemis softly laughed at herself, not believing that this day had finally come. Turning her head, her sterling snake-shaped earrings graced her shoulders, it was her 'something new' which Klaus bequeathed. Her 'something borrowed' was a hairpiece her mother wore on her wedding day and now was holding together all the dark curls shaped into a low bun. Her 'Something Old,' was one of the first poems Draco had ever written to her for her 12th birthday, 13 years ago.

25 and getting married.

All her bridesmaids had left the room, wanting to allow her to have some time to herself.

In other words, they knew she needed to have time to panic or cry or whatever she wanted to do alone.

Thankfully she wasn't stuck in her own mind.

Artemis and the rest of her close-knit group had begun seeing mind healers shortly after the war. For some it worked, fortunately, she was a part of that majority, whereas Blaise still struggled and so did Draco, but neither of them stopped progressing, it just took them a little longer to get into it.

Soft knocking at the door of the room she was occupying made her smile, she was certain she knew who it was.

"Arty?" Draco spoke from the other side of the door, "I know I'm not supposed to be here, Mum bit my head off for even considering speaking to you now but it's been a week since I saw you last and I can't stand it."

"I've hated it as well," she confessed, knowing she wished she'd enjoyed the time with her girls but she missed him so much, "don't say a word to Daph."

"I won't, she's terrifying when she's mad, even more than you," he chuckled through the door, I've missed that sound, she thought "even more so now since you know..."

"The baby? Believe me, I know that little one had been drooling all over me," she gushed, recalling their newest addition to the family.

Many changes have happened over the last 7 years. Klaus and Celeste tied the knot back in '01, Elijah and Ophelia did in '02, whilst Blaise and Daphne planned theirs for November of '03 without realising 9 months later they would pop a child. Astrid Ophelia Zabini was the spitting image of her father but had her mother's need to grab at anything shiny set in front of her.

Luckily she could attend today's celebration. Daphne had put her into a dress which matched the rest of the bridesmaids and stuck a matching headband over a few strands of hair that were growing.

Adorable.

"Cute, isn't she?" Draco chose her name, although Daphne would say otherwise.

"The cutest. We're godparents to the most gorgeous girl."