Where is Naruto?

I was sprawled out in my bijuu form in the snow with all the wolves snuggled up all over my body, sleeping. Kakuzu, who was enjoying a cup of coffee at a nearby kitchen corner, glanced over at us a few times. I half-asleep noticed his gaze and tried to figure out what he was thinking. Then I smirked and told him...

Aoi: "If you're cold, you can come to join us"

He scoffed and turned away from us. I chuckled and quickly stopped moving because my light chuckle in this form was raising my chest on which many puppers were currently peacefully sleeping. I heard them whimper in their sleep and held my breath for a few seconds, slowly exhaling afterwards. 

Kakuzu: "When do you plan on getting Hidan out of the hole?"

Aoi: "That's what she said"

Kakuzu: "What?"

Aoi: "Nothing...Keke...I'd give it a few years, Hidan's satanism is not what the world needs right now unless you can guarantee to me that you'll watch over him"

He was silent, but I could see him thinking about whether yes or not. Deep down he might really miss the immortal freak. While waiting for his answer that never came, I accidentally fell asleep. The wolves were like a fluffy blanket for me, so it was nice and warm and comfy. Fortunately not too warm, due to the snow below us.

When I woke up in the morning, most wolves were already busy with their duties and only a pile of puppies snuggled in my tails remained. I slowly and carefully shrank and called for their nanny. Once she, with the help of a few others, moved them to a different spot, I got up and stretched. I said goodbye to everyone except Deidara, who was still drooling all over his pillow, and then I left for the Hidden Leaf. Two days later I arrived and immediately went looking for Naruto. First I tried the house and surprisingly, no one was there at all. No Naruto, no Haku and no Zabuza... Okay, if he's not here then I'll check Ichiraku ramen.

Aoi: "Yo Teuchi, have you seen Naruto?"

Teuchi: "Hey Aoi, no, I haven't seen him today yet"

Aoi: "That's weird, ramen's all he eats"

Teuchi: "Didn't Haku and Zabuza come back recently? I'd think he would have normal breakfast with them now"

I frowned and sat down. I was upset I didn't know where he is and I didn't like it. Teuchi looked at me sympathetically and gave me a piece of ham. While I am happy that he has a healthier diet now, it's much harder to figure out where he could be.

Shikamaru: "Why don't you ask Sakura or Sasuke?"

I whipped my head around to see Shikamaru, buried in stacks of papers he was carrying. I was happy to see him and wagged my tail, but I had to control myself from pouncing on him. Making those papers fly away would probably give him a heart attack.

Aoi: "Hello troublesome!"

Shikamaru: "A new nickname, tsk, how troublesome"

I laughed and he smiled. I half opened my wing, he took the clue and put all the stacks of papers on my back, where I held them in place with my wing muscles. We slowly walked together to the Hokage office, enjoying the warm and gentle sun and the lively bustling of the streets. The new buildings looked very nice and colourful. Everyone seemed happy and I could see a few people waving at me or bowing with gratitude. Couldn't help but wag my tail a little bit. 

Aoi: "To be honest, I haven't seen Sasuke at all since...uhh since the party? He's off catching up with Itachi and processing Uchiha history a Lil bit"

Shikamaru: "What about Sakura then?"

Aoi: "You know I hate her"

Shikamaru: "Right, How'd even start?"

Aoi: "Since the beginning, she was a spoiled entitled brat, I hated how she reprimanded Naruto for causing trouble and blaming it on him not being educated by his parents, I felt like snapping her spine every day, then she started keeping her distance after she saw me kill one of the demon brothers on our first big mission, still kinda hate her, but at least I don't see or hear her enough for me to want to see her blood"

Shikamaru: "Damn, I wouldn't want to be on your bad side"

Aoi: "Haha, everyone I really hated, I killed...Kabuto, Danzo... I don't really hate that many, but Orochimaru still remains and if I ever see him, he's not staying alive"

I shook off the negative thoughts as we entered Hokage's office. While Shikamaru was carefully moving stacks of papers from my back to the desk, Kakashi's face was ageing with every single paper he glanced at.

Kakashi: "God, Naruto really needs to hurry up and get to jounin level so I can retire"

He let out a deep sigh and sank down into his seat. He put his hand on a first Icha Icha tactics book that was sitting on the edge of the table on his left, but Shikamaru quickly slapped his hand away from it. I laughed when I saw how he rubbed the place Shikamaru slapped.

Shikamaru: "Oh that's right, Hokage-sama, is Naruto on any mission right now?"

Kakashi: "Yeah he is guarding a princess on her travels around the Fire country, he'll be back in a month or so"

Aoi: "Ugh..."

Kakashi: "If you're bored, why not help around the village? You got an almost limitless pool of chakra paired up with a Kekkei Genkai"

Shikamaru: "Not gonna lie, that's a great idea, we could use another water reservoir and you could fill up some water wells"

Aoi: "Alright, I'll get reap some rep points"

I grabbed a conveniently walking Yamato on my way out of the office and we went to a designated place for the reservoir. We told a few Chuunin to get everyone out of the area and then I used a bijuu bomb to make a crater. 

Yamato: "Wasn't I supposed to make the hole?"

Aoi: "Yea but I figured this would be faster and you could use a break after re-building the whole village in a record time...for the second time"

Yamato: "Awh, I remember those days when you were just trouble and nothing good"

Aoi: "Damn that's mean...but true"

We laughed and I filled the crater with water. This reservoir was as big as the entire village, four times bigger than the old reservoir. Yamato gave me pets as a reward and a thank you and treated me to some barbeque after descending back to the village. Chouji and Ino joined us and were complaining about Shikamaru being busy nowadays, missing all the bbq days with them.

Aoi: "Ino, how's your flower shop doing?"

Ino: "It's doing well but of course, you wouldn't know since you never visit"

She teased me but just thinking about all the flowers made me sneeze immediately. They all laughed out loud and I took the chance to eat the rest of the meat on the grill. I left satisfied after hearing them weep in despair over the meat.