Tantrum

Aoi: "I want Naruto on the mission"

Kakashi: "Rejected"

Aoi: "I reject your rejection, Naruto can sense malice and that guy is pure hatred, he tried to kill Temari after we gave him mercy! He made up a sob story to gain our sympathy just to kill her!"

Shino: "She's not dead"

Aoi: "Cause I saved her! She could have been!"

Kakashi: "Naruto is going away for a different mission, he can't drop it just because of your tantrum, stop wasting time and get back to your mission"

Aoi: "Kakashi!"

Sakura: "Aoi stop it! Let's just go, they gave us permission to take Shikamaru with us, that should be more than enough"

I growled, annoyed that I wasn't getting what I wanted. I turned around and left, but not before one more childish thing.

Aoi: "Fuck you Kakashi!"

Kakashi sighed, once again thinking he's too old and tired for this. This was Aoi's first tantrum since the war and it was a big one. Aoi was very close with people from the Sand Village and saw Temari almost die, so he understood the reason for his anger, however Naruto just can't go with him.

Sakura apologetically bowed before leaving the office with Shino trailing behind. Outside there were Hinata and Kiba waiting for them.

Kiba: "So how did it go? Who's joining us?"

I just growled at him and left to roam the village until I'd get called.

Shino: "Shikamaru will be joining us to fill in for Temari and Kankurou"

Kiba: "That's a good thing, ain't it? So what was that?"

Sakura: "A tantrum"

Kiba: "Huh?"

Shino: "Aoi insisted that Naruto joins us but the Hokage said no and wouldn't budge"

Kiba: "Ohhh now it makes sense"

Kiba smirked and went to taunt Aoi.

Sakura: "Kiba don-"

Kiba: "Awhhh does someone miss their little owner?"

Shino: "He's dead"

Sakura: "Yup"

Shino, Sakura and Hinata watched as Aoi stopped walking and slowly turned around. Too late did Kiba remember who he was teasing. Aoi slowly went closer to Kiba, who started backing away, laughing nervously.

Kiba: "Aoi...y-you know meee, that was just a j-joke, come on"

Suddenly Aoi spread his wings, knocking Kiba over, and took off. He left them baffled by the fact he didn't do anything to Kiba. After Kiba recovered from his 'near-death' experience, they went to tell Shikamaru the news and have him pack up. He was relaxing at his family's home, playing shogi by himself.

。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+

Aoi: "So what if I miss him!?"

I kicked a small rock out the way while walking along the river. I was sulking and for a good goddamn reason, I haven't seen Naruto in almost a month and I miss him. He's been growing up, doing missions and stuff and I'm not there to witness it. Whenever I catch a glimpse of him in the village, I see him making new friends and being surrounded by people expressing their gratitude. I'm really happy for him, but at the same time, it feels like he doesn't need me anymore. I knew it was going to happen, that I wasn't going to be needed after the war, but still... It's not like I was needed in the first place.

I laid down in front of the stream, dipping my nose in the cool liquid.

Aoi: "I don't know what to do"

"That's okay, everyone feels that way someday"

I turned my head around and saw Itachi, about to sit down next to me. Sasuke was right behind him, flashing me a small and gentle smile.

Aoi: "Hey you two! What are you doing here?"

Sasuke: "We've decided to move back into the Uchiha compound, we're going to rebuild the clan"

Aoi: "Congratulations"

Itachi: "Thanks but back to you, what's troubling you?"

I sighed, hoping they would hop onto a different topic.

Aoi: "I'm not needed anymore, Naruto's off on missions without me and I couldn't even prevent Temari from getting injured, I have to hold back all the time"

Itachi: "You are tye closest family Naruto has, of course you are needed, don't let it get to you"

Sasuke: "I'm pretty sure the dork is somewhere out there crying right now about how you're not with him on the mission and how he misses you "

I chuckled, imagining the scene. The both petted me and silently watched the water with me for a while.

Itachi: "Aoi, we're all really grateful to you, you've achieved the impossible several times and despite what you experienced, you still have love in your heart"

Aoi: "Itachi..."

Sasuke: "I heard from Itachi about what you were willing to do to save me, thanks"

Aoi: "Well now you are both just trying to make me cry!"

I covered my eyes with my paws and they both chuckled.

Itachi: "I heard your mission is important, don't worry your teammates too much and go help them resolve it quickly, so they can rest easy"

Aoi: "Thank you both, see you again soon"

Sasuke: "Bye"

Alright, time to get going...