Peaceful days

Last edited: 9.8.2023
----------------

We went to get the ramen for breakfast as Iruka promised, instead of ramen for me, however, they ordered Steamed pork. While they were talking I was deep in thoughts about what is going to happen next and also should go back to observing the characters since I kind of forgot to. As well as get them to know me.

I finished eating and left the stall, Naruto noticed that I had left, but wasn't worried, he knew I would be safe in the village.

First I went to see Sasuke, why is it him first? He's lonely, that's why. I searched for him at the training grounds in a forest near the Uchiha compound. He was training with kunais and shurikens again. I walked up to him and when he saw me he stopped. He was staring at me for a while and then he walked up to me. He put his right hand in front of him and in front of my nuzzle. I sniffed it and wagged my tail. His body relaxed, he probably expected me to be hostile. We didn't start off very well. I let him pet me and he got slowly lost in thoughts. The wind was brushing through my fur gently.

Suddenly I felt my nose getting ticklish and I sneezed violently, my head jerking from side to side.

He smiled...he smiled...he smiled?! Woah. I sat down and looked him straight in the eyes, trying to see through his mask. He looked me in the eyes as well and realised that his mask is crumbling down. He burrowed his face in my neck and hugged me. Then he started sobbing. Never had I seen him so broken. I guess he doesn't need to put up a facade in front of an animal.

Sasuke: "For being Naruto's ninken, you're much smarter than him"

He chuckled and wiped away his tears with his sleeve on one side of his face. I licked his remaining tears away and ran off.

I'm in a sort of a park now taking a walk while also searching for others. I might be able to see Shikamaru here, watching clouds with Choji or Shino doing whatever he does with his bugs. The one I want to meet the most is Kiba with Akamaru right now. I've accepted that I'm not a human and I've been embracing my wolf nature and I want someone I can play with. Akamaru is still a small pup though, so I'll have to be careful, he grows slower than any other dog or wolf.

There he is! Shikamaru and Choji, laying down on a small hill. I walked up to them and laid down as well. They turned to me and stared and I stared back at them.

Choji: "What is Aoi doing here without Naruto?" Makes sense that he would be wondering since they only saw me in the academy where I would follow Naruto closely and never separate.

Shikamaru: "Ah what a drag, shoo it away"

Yeah right, I'm troublesome because Shikamaru knows that I have been observing them all. He caught me staring at him several times in the academy and now he feels uncomfortable about it. He feels that the fact, that I understand his every word like no one else is weird. I would be a good spy though.

I got up and left. It's not like he'll like me, I just wanted to meet them. Choji was sitting there and eating the whole time, not particularly interested in anything other than his crisps.

This didn't go well, but whatever. The sun is setting now so I better go home.

When I got home Naruto was already asleep. I just ate the food he left in my bowl for me and jumped onto the bed and laid next to him. I felt his hands wrap around me, he's been using me as a body pillow since the first day we met. Our bond is strong even though we don't do anything special for it. I would protect him with my life and he knows it, but it troubles him because he would be devastated if I died. Then somehow I fell asleep without even noticing.

"Aoi, wake up" Naruto woke up first and was now trying to wake me up. I growled quietly, don't wanna wake up. "Aoi! We need to take our ninja picture today!" Ugh. I lazily got up and went to eat breakfast.

An hour later we were on a rooftop of the Hokage office getting our picture taken.

"Are you sure you want to look like this?" The photographer questioned our looks.

No surprise he questioned it though. Naruto had white and red paint all over his face, not only that but I had blue and white lines on my face creating a tiger-like fur pattern. I whined at Naruto and with my cute puppy eyes, I got him to clean off the paint of my face and himself. Then we went to see the Hokage to give us approval on the picture.

Konohamaru challenged the Third while he was chatting with Naruto. He tripped over his long scarf and Ebisu came in all flustered as he was failing to keep Konohamaru in check. The little boy got up and accused Naruto of tripping him. Naruto got angry and, to Konohamaru's taunt, hit him. When Konohamaru saw me, however, his eyes sparkled with admiration.

Konohamaru: "Whoah! So cool! A ninja wolf! And it's so tall! What's its name?" He rambled away as ran over to me and jumped from excitement. Naruto had a proud smirk on his face, from having his ninja wolf admired.

Naruto: "It's Aoi, the strongest ninja animal to ever live!" He boasted. It's about time we leave.

On our way home, we were followed by Konohamaru who annoyed us the whole day after that. But at the end of the day, he and Naruto became great friends.

When we got home, I made sure he had no expired milk in the fridge. Tomorrow he's going to get assigned to the team 7. Things will start to get really interesting, although dangerous.

I can't sleep. It's 1:07 am and I am still wide awake. Probably too much excitement.

I jump outside of the apartment through the window to stroll. I ended up on a hill near a training ground where team 7 will have the bell test. I am suddenly overcome by the fear I felt when I was in Orochimaru's laboratory. I don't even want to know what would have happened to me if he really did inject me with the cyan fluid.

My body is trembling and I can't help but feel like a helpless puppy that I am. I may be a bit taller than Naruto now, but that doesn't mean I am strong. I don't even know if I'm strong, can't compare myself to anyone yet.

Third POV

Naruto's ninja dog was sitting on a hill near the KIA monument. It was looking at the starry sky and then suddenly started to tremble. Kakashi, who was coincidentally taking a midnight stroll as well, saw the wolf and stopped. He was informed about Aoi's situation, he was supposed to take the wolf in as a last resort if Naruto didn't. For Kakashi, it would mean just having another ninken, but for Naruto, Aoi was a cure for loneliness.

Kakashi walked up to the scared wolf, sat down next to it and patted its head. the wolf calmed down when he did so. Kakashi told him how important it is that he's with Naruto and also told him quite a bit about himself. Things he wouldn't tell to anyone else. The wolf listened well and Kakashi was surprised with its intelligence.

Three hours later he bid the wolf farewell and went home. And so did the wolf.