Battle Of Insults

Reworked!

--------------------------------------------------

"Kill it, Gaara"

Wait... I heard that. Was that Shukaku?

Suddenly Gaara grabbed his head and seemed to be in pain. I got up and went closer to him, to try and see if I could help him in any way.

He shooed me away and started screaming. Why would Shukaku pick a fight with him out of nowhere? Then Gaara started transforming and I knew what was going on. Shukaku wants to fight me.

Gaara: "Get away Aoi, I don't want to hurt you"

He was crying as he tried to suppress the demon. He didn't want to hurt his first ever friend, no matter what.

I could hear Shukaku laughing. I was angry. He was hurting Gaara and I will not let that go unpunished.

Aoi: "Gaara, let him take over, I'll be fine"

He was shocked for a second, but then he relaxed and closed his eyes. Shukaku fully manifested and I changed my size to be around his.

Shukaku: "Kyyyaaaahayhaha, it's been a long time since I've been outside! I'll kill you all as a celebration"

He immediately started attacking me with sand bullets and I dodged them all, but they landed behind me and destroyed a house. I ran up to Shukaku, sank my teeth and claws in him while spreading my wings and then I flew off with him into the desert.

When we landed, he pierced my hind leg with sand, but it almost instantly healed, though I felt my chakra level waver a bit thanks to it. Healing wounds fast is always costly.

Fortunately, I am Shukaku's natural enemy. I used a lot of chakra to gather water from the air and I used it to dampen the sand Shukaku is made of. I had to do this however while dodging all of his deadly fast attacks.

Aoi: "Go back inside you fatass raccoon!" I growled at him while freezing him from the bottom.

Shukaku: "What did you say you undeveloped demon mutt?!"

He shot a few sand bullets at me and one of them hit. It was pretty painful, so I lashed out at him with another insult.

Aoi: "You're the undeveloped one for being deaf despite being a raccoon with giant ears!"

He roared from sheer anger and broke off from the frozen parts and charged at me. I roared and charged at him as well. We were biting and scratching each other. But he was at a disadvantage since he was still made out of just hardened sand. While my teeth were bones and much stronger. I was bitting chunks of sand off him.

Shukaku: "I'll melt you like ice cream in this desert, mutt!"

He bit me back, though it didn't really injure me, he was hindering my movements this time around.

Aoi: "Unoriginal, you sandcastle gone wrong!"

I managed to shake him off and create some distance. We charged at each other again.

Shukaku: *roar*

Aoi: *roar*

He covered me with sand and was going to crush my ribcage and spine, however, I protected myself with water and so the sand just fell off.

Shukaku: "I'll make a coat out of you, you stinky wet dog!"

He covered me in the sand once again and hardened it so much that it couldn't absorb the water.

Aoi: "I'll make a kids' playground out of you, you annoying sister of a gravel!"

I coated myself with ice and then grew spikes out of that ice, which cracked the sand around me and made it crumble. I grabbed his shoulders with my claws and bit his ear off. I was bitting off more and more sand on the head, to free Gaara.

Shukaku: "This isn't over...we'll fight again"

Shukaku seemed to have given up as he stopped resisting with a slight smile.

I bit off the last bits of sand surrounding Gaara. I started smiling, I don't want to acknowledge it but this was fun.

I laid down to rest. A few minutes later Gaara woke up as the sun started to rise.

Gaara: "Thanks, Aoi"

Aoi: "It was nothing, plus I had fun"

Gaara: "How come you can talk though?"

Aoi: "I discovered I could when I was imprisoned but I didn't really ever want to talk"

Gaara: "I see...does Naruto know?"

Aoi: "No and don't you dare tell anyone"

Gaara: "I won't"

"I like Aoi...I want to fight him again"

Gaara jumped up as if something scared him. I wonder if it was Shukaku's telling him something again.

Aoi: "We should go back, I'm pretty sure the whole village is already on high alert"

Gaara: "Yes, let's go"

We met Temari, Kankurou, and about a hundred ninjas halfway back to Suna. Gaara explained what happened and everyone was thankful to me for saving the village and helping Gaara.

I stayed in the village for a few more days and then I headed back to Konoha. I got a big hug from Gaara as a goodbye and a tiny gourd with sand on a chain as a necklace.

Gaara: "If you ever need it, this can be your home, we will welcome you with open arms"

He said that with a smile so sweet I think a tear might have fallen out of my eye. He seemed to have known that I was in danger while staying in Konoha, but if I moved here, I would have brought it along with me, as Akatsuki wants Gaara as much as me anyway.

Aoi: "Thank you, but I am home where Naruto is and I wouldn't have it any other way"

Gaara: "That's good, take care of him"

Aoi: "I will, good luck on becoming a Kazekage"

Then I ran off into the dessert.