Kitty

Latest edit: 9.8.2023
-----------------------<3

Finally at the store. I'm glad it's the middle of the night and there's just one person inside. This store does get a lot of customers during the day. It's popular because even though it's small they are open 24/7 and have all the necessary stuff and beyond.

I'm getting all the food I wanted while talking to... myself?

I paid for everything without a single word and quickly left the store while being stared at by the bored and very tired cashier. The guy has it rough. From what I know, he work day and night to support his big family that moved here after being evicted from their last home. I appreciate him more than the other cashiers, as he doesn't mind me being mute whenever I visit.

Good customer service.

10/10

5 stars

While walking back home I met Yoruichi again. Staring at me, sitting in the middle of the road. You know, that could be dangerous...

"Yoruichi! Kitty kitty! Come here" I called out to her. I had a bad feeling slowly settling in my stomach. "Come here kitty!"

Suddenly I heard a truck horn. My face became pale as I saw it coming our way incredibly fast. Yoruichi turned around when she heard the horn, but froze in fear instead of moving out of the way.

I wanted to save her! So I ran onto the road and jumped in, grabbing her. Quickly, I got up to run to the other side of the road... But it was too late, at the last moment I turned to see the blinding lights of the truck and that was my end.

The driver came out of the truck and called the ambulance. He collapsed next to us, shaking and crying while begging me for forgiveness. When the ambulance arrived they tried to save me but I was bleeding so much, I wouldn't even make it to the hospital. So they gave up, it was hopeless. All this time though they haven't even noticed Yoruichi that was lying a meter away from me after I got hit. She didn't make it either, although she could have, had they paid her even a speck of the attention they paid to me.

How do I know everything that is happening when I'm practically dead? Well, somehow I am in this weird-looking colorful room with fluffy fur as a carpeted floor and on my lap is Yoruichi, sound asleep. There was an old tv screen in front of us and through it, I could see it all happen.

I started crying. I cried for a very long time. Not because I died, but because Yoruichi did. I tried to save her. She could have had kittens or a loving family. Will they miss her? Will my mom miss me?

... I don't think so.

After a while, I calmed down.

I look around the room. For some reason, I started to feel sleepy. Might be the fluffy soft floor or the temperature or the exhaustion from crying more than ever before. It's warm in here. I carefully placed Yoruichi down and laid next to her, falling asleep soon after.

I slept for a long time, at first it seemed like hours... Then days and at last, I lost all track of time completely.

After some time, I think? I found out I could see anything I wanted happening back on earth at the present. And that's how I saw what happened after my death. I wasn't surprised by the little to no importance my passing had.

My parents held a small funeral for me but did not grieve much. They pretty much did it just to put on a show. Although they did periodically send someone to put flowers on my grave... It's nice to know they at least acknowledge that I existed.

I didn't want to think about anything anymore, however, a thought flashed through my mind. No,... actually a lot of them.

Would I be reincarnated? If so, would I be a human again? Will it be in the same world? Are there even any other worlds?

Ugh, so many questions will be left unanswered, but whatever.

"Would you like to be reborn, child?"

"Sure, why not."

.

.

.

O.O "Wait what?!!!"

"Let's have you be reborn in the world of Naruto since you love it very much. You tried to save the little kitty so you deserve a second chance and it's a pity since you died so young."

Who the hell is this? A God? Alien? What? Why? Hmm...

"Miss voice?"

"Yes my child?"

"Y-you can really do that?"

"Yes I can, my child"

I can't believe it... I'll get the chance to meet them all... To be by their side. But wait.

"Will it be like in the story? All the events?

"They will unless you interfere."

"Can I interfere?"

"Yes you can, my child"

I can save them! I can be by their side without consequences! I can help!

"Child, since I don't want you to die early again, I'll make you strong, but you'll have to work for it okay?"

"Of course!"

"Good child, may you be on your way. I wish you a safe journey."

Warmth enveloped me and I felt a kiss on my forehead. This miss feels more motherly than my real mother. Well, maybe she is my mother since she calls me her child. Hehe.

"You will not be born as a human though, my child"

Eh? I didn't hear that!

I fell asleep due to the warmth, for what seemed like two months...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't be scared to tell me what you think about the story. ♥