Quiet

We departed an hour later after getting details about the mission and packing up.

I was going on the mission on the mission with Sasuke, who seemed thrilled to be there, then there was that big dude, whose name I now know and it's Raijin. Lastly, we have a creepy woman called Tera who looks like a little girl but is 34 and is really weird. She eats meat only raw and eats even the skin and bones. She has black hair and orange eyes. She's very slender and wears a black tattered robe with animal bones sown into it, all over. Every day she has a different colour of lipstick on her. Very disturbing.

None of them were talkative, which is a good thing. After all, Sasuke can't deal with chatty people.

First day out and we were already attacked by Leaf ANBU twice. Raijin crushed their skulls till they were unrecognisable. In the evening, we arrived in a rather large city. Sasuke and the two creeps went to rest inside an inn and I was chained outside. I found myself growling at the passersby out of annoyance.

In the evening Sasuke came outside and ducked in front of me. He petted my head and gave me some meat, however, he stopped when he noticed that his two companions were watching him. He gave them a glare and went inside.

A week later we were in the Land of Snow. I felt more energetic than before, the weather and temperature were perfect for me. I loved it there, I was the only one though. The three had thick coats and frowns on their faces. I laughed a lot.

We found the scientist in a small village in the mountains, the problem was that he was guarded by samurai and we needed to stay low. So, Sasuke came up with a plan.

I would shrink into a puppy and wander into the village. The scientist had a daughter and Sasuke was pretty certain that the daughter would fall in love with me and take me in. I would spend a week there to observe the place and the people and then we would strike. I would kill the scientist in his sleep and then signal the three to pick me up and the research.

I was in the village in a few minutes. I put my ears back against my head and walked through the village. People gave me dirty look, not very friendly in here.

"Oh my god! It's a puppy!"

There she is... She immediately grabbed me which startled me.

She's hugging me too tightly...

Tanya: "I'm going to call you... Lex, papa surely won't mind if I keep you, let's go home now"

Tanya carried me all the way back to their home and then I have to endure being dressed up as a princess and enjoy a play pretend tea party.

I have to say, for this world being oriental, Tanya and her father seem to be more of European culture. Even the furniture varied in the house.

While playing we heard a thud in the kitchen. Tanya flinched and I could see her smile twist in fear. She got up and peeked into the kitchen.

Tanya: "Papa?"

He was in the kitchen and smelled of alcohol. I could feel his anger and despair.

Tanya hesitantly went in. She must have previous experience with the state her father is in.

Tanya: "Papa, welcome back"

Martin: "It's not working, I'll have to find a new subject, maybe a canine this time, I need it to work before I test it on humans..." he murmured to himself so quietly that only I heard it.

The floor creaked with the slightest movement and Martin turned around.

Martin: "Oh, it's just you Tanya"