Chapter 2

As I walked to my class, my heart ached in the worst possible way. Which I didn't understand. Why would my heart ache this much for a stranger? Why would I feel so at loss? Zenande! My brain shouted. Get your act together! But he said he would find me later. My brain laughed at me. It was even funny to my ears as I said what I said. Why would that handsome man find me? He had no reason to. And even if he did, how would he find me? This was a big school with so many students. I think he was just being polite or something when he said he would find me later. Stop thinking about it. I will. Liar! I was sitting at the back of the class and this was the first time in my life where I wasn't paying any attention to what the professor was saying in front. I just couldn't stop thinking about the handsome man. The way he grabbed and pulled me to him when I had bumped into him. His voice. His smell. It was like I could still feel him and smell him the way my body was reacting. I was aroused. I closed my eyes and released a shaky and breathy moan. Now I was getting a little scared. What was happening to me? Why was my body reacting like this, when it never has before? And what about the things the handsome man had said? He said I was human and that it wasn't possible. What did that mean? Of course I was human. Wasn't everybody? Did he mean it wasn't possible between us because of the way I was? As I thought that my heart ached even more. I rubbed my chest as tears gathered in my eyes. Yes, I was crying! Which was ridiculous. Why would I cry? I pulled my hoodie down to my face and wiped my tears away. You need to get a grip Zenande. Yes, you're right, I do. After a few minutes I somewhat managed to get myself under control but the ache didn't go away. Sheesh!

It was lunchtime now. As I walked outside to find a quiet place where I could sit and eat, I couldn't help but to look around for the handsome man. I found a tree that was far away from everybody and sat down as disappointment crashed down on me. Stupid stupid stupid. I mean, what did you expect? Forget about him Z, guys like him don't like girls like you so you won't ever see him again. I ate my sandwich as tears rolled down my cheeks.

I must've fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I was waking up with my head on somebody's shoulder. Oh my gosh! I stayed still as I blinked and tried to recall how I came to be in this current position but my mind was blank. "You're awake.", said a deep voice. Wait...I know that voice. It couldn't be him could it? I lifted my head very slowly with my heart beating in anticipation and fear. And for the second time that day my breath got sucked out of me. It was him. It was really him! How is it possible that he looked more handsome than when I saw him earlier on? For some reason, I started to cry. Yes, cry! Can you believe it? Because I couldn't. The handsome man pulled me into him.
Him: "Shhh. It's alright. I'm here now my precious one." He cooed as he brushed my head lovingly. Who was this guy? And why did I feel safe in his arms like I finally found myself a home? After what felt like an eternity, I came back to my senses and quickly jumped up to my feet, grabbed my things and ran. I don't know where I was running to. I didn't care. I just needed to escape. To be honest I didn't like the feelings he was evoking out of me. They scared me. He scared me.

I was under the bleaches. Yes, under the bleaches. I know it was stupid but that's the only place I could hide myself after I ran away like a coward back there. But I couldn't be blamed right? I mean what would you guys have done in my situation. Everything was just too much. I even balled my eyes out for goodness sake! I closed my eyes mortified. Way to go Z! Now how was I going to face him again? No, please God. I can't. And anyway I don't think I was going to be seeing him again. I'm sure he thinks the worst of me now. I ignored the ache in my chest. After a few minutes, I decided to leave the bleaches and go to the library to wait for my next class.

It was dark out. I can't believe I stayed this long at the lab. I was on my way to the bus stop when the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I stopped and looked back but nothing was out of the ordinary. I continued to walk but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched. I quickened my pace. Luckily I didn't have to wait long for the bus when I got to the stop. I got in and sat at the very back and looked out the back window and I swear I saw yellow eyes looking straight at me. A wolf? I shook myself and berated myself for being ridiculous. This was not a paranormal novel Zenande.