Chapter 53

We were on our way to school and I was exhausted and achingly for obvious reasons. I yawned as I put my head against the window. Thank goodness I had Tina. She had everything ready for me when I woke up. My clothes were already set out and she had packed all what I needed for school in my bag. She even did my hair. I would've felt bad if she wasn't smiling the whole time looking all happily and pleased with herself for serving me. I must admit that I was getting used to being served. I didn't know how that made me feel yet. I was still set in making Tina my friend though but it was going to take longer than I had thought for that to happen.

I took off my glasses. I noticed that everything was blur with them on. It was weird but I could see better without them now. Don't ask me why I still wore them. Force of habit, I guess.

Me: "When are we going to see the witch?"

Zukile: "I was thinking during your school break." I nodded.

Me: "What's her name anyway? I don't like calling the witch." I said wrinkling my nose.

He chuckled.

Zukile: "But she is a witch."

Me: "I know but it's more polite if I know her name."

He kissed my hand.

Zukile: "My mate is the nicest and the sweetest." I smiled tiredly.

Me: "I know but thank you anyway." I sassed.

He laughed.

Zukile: "Look at you." I giggled. "You can call her Aunt Agnes."

Me: "Aunt Agnes?"

Zukile: "Yep." He popped the p.

Me: "I'm guessing that she's old if she has been alive for thousands of years."

Zukile: "She's old but still one of the strongest people I know."

Me: "Stronger than you?"

Zukile: "No." He said chuckling.

Me: "You pretty confident in yourself there mister." He wiggled his eyebrows and I laughed.

I know the handsome man was strong as he proclaimed to be. I mean, I would know since he was my mate. I felt his power pulsing through our bond and it was so strong that I'm afraid that if I wasn't his mate it would have wiped me out. And it didn't stay the same. No. It seemed to grow and expand daily. Yeah, that's how strong he was. So crazy. I understood why he hid his powers from others because that kind of power wouldn't be welcomed. People would fear it and when people fear something they do the worst things. So I was in support of him keeping it hidden but it worried me that because of me, he possibly will not be able to hide it anymore. I sometimes wished I wasn't human because if I was like him, I could protect myself.

Zukile: "Stop thinking stuff like that precious one. Even if you weren't a human, I would still protect you with my life. Protecting you is my honor." He pressed his lips on my palm.

I forgot he was a mind reader.

Me: "I also want to protect you. I don't want anything to happen to you because of me."

Zukile: "Nothing will happen to me."

Me: "But-."

Zukile: "No buts." He cut me off. "Nothing will happen to me. You're stuck with me for eternity."

Me: "Promise?"

Zukile: "Promise."