Chapter 37

Zukile: "Why isn't it healing?!"

Me: "Just leave it. It doesn't even hurt. I swear."

Zukile: "Tell me exactly what happened."

I told him how when the vamp grabbed my arm, my skin burned his hand. After that, he went silent.

Me: "Zuki?"

Zukile: "I've never heard of this happening before."

Me: "Really?" He nodded. "Oh. Wow." Then what was happening? "Zuki? What's wrong?"

He looked worried. He shook his head.

Zukile: "Nothing."

Me: "It's not nothing. Tell me."

He sighed.

Zukile: "It's just that, I don't like not knowing things. I always need to be on top of things to avoid any disasters from happening. Now this new ability that you seem to have developed of burning-."

Me: "Wait. Are you saying that this is an ability?"

Zukile: "I think so."

Oh wow.

Me: "Oh my god! So do you think it only works on vampires?"

He sighed.

Zukile: "I don't know baby, that's why I'm worried. We know nothing about this new ability you have. And I don't like it because it gets you hurt...leaves marks. I can't even heal you with my healing ability."

Me: "But Zuki I'm not hurt. It doesn't hurt at all. Really."

Zukile: "I still don't like it." He frowned. "This red welt is proof that somebody tried to hurt you. It's killing me."

I reached out and touched his face. He looked at me. I could see he was a bit surprised. I initiated contact for the first time since he was always the one touching me...kissing me...fucking me.

Me: "I'm fine my handsome mate and whatever is going on, we'll figure it out together. I trust you to protect me so I'm not worried at all so you also mustn't be. Okay?"

He stared at me saying nothing but the look in his eyes warned my soul.

Zukile: "You are my soul, you know that?"

Me: "I know."

And I did.

Zukile: "My entire existence."

Damn.

I blinked back tears.

Me: "I know."

Zukile: "I will find out everything about this ability so that we can stay on top of it. Okay?" I nodded. "And it's best that we don't let anyone else know about it."

Me: "My lips are sealed."

I said doing the action of locking my lips and throwing away the key.

The corners of his mouth lifted.

Zukile: "We need to find that bloodsucker before he runs his mouth." I nodded. "But don't worry, the guys are closing in on him. They'll catch him soon."

Me: "Really?" He nodded. "That's good but how did you know that?"

He smiled at me like I was being cute and touched his head.

Oh.

So all this time he has been mindlinking with them. I don't know how he did it so effortlessly. I mean being able to talk to me and also mindlink with the guys at the same time was pretty cool. I also needed to practice because apparently when I mindlinked I look spaced out. "Oh I almost forgot. The vampire said to tell you to release Sophia." He said nothing to that. "Who's Sophia?"

Zukile: "Precious one, remember when I said to be strong for me this morning?" I nodded. "This is the time."

Me: "O-Oh...okay."

He sighed taking both my hands in his.

Zukile: "Sophia is your adoptive sister. She's a vampire."