Chapter 42

I just finished eating when the handsome man walked in. He was bare chested. I noticed that the men here liked being bare chested. I think it was a wolf thing. At first I had been embarrassed seeing so many men walking around half naked but as time went I kinda got used to it. Kinda. I still blushed like a school girl and tried not to look which was hard by the way. The handsome man never passed the chance to tease me about it. I've realized that nakedness didn't bother their kind. Just a few days ago, I saw one of the women walking around naked. Yes, butt naked. And I don't want to lie, it freaked me out. Zukile had laughed when I tried to cover his eyes so that he doesn't see the naked woman. I mean, I don't think any woman would like for her man to see another woman naked. But the women here didn't mind at all. They trusted their mates not to lust after unmated females. It was still going to take me some time to get used to it because I sure as hell wasn't comfortable with my man seeing other women naked.

Zukile: "My precious one."

He wrapped his arms around me, breathing me in and I did the same to him.

Did I tell you guys how much I loved my mate's scent? Well if I didn't, I'm telling you now. I loved my mate's scent. He smelled like the forest. And me being a lover of forests I was in heaven every time I was in his arms.

"I also love my mate's scent."

I forgot he read minds. So unfair. He can read mine but I can't read his. Really unfair. He chuckled and brushed his mouth over our mating mark on my neck.

I shivered.

Me: "How do I smell?" I was curious.

Zukile: "Sweet and like me." 

Me: "Really?"

Zukile: "Yes."

I smiled.

"Sweet like a peach blossom."

I smiled some more as my heart warmed. He's sweet this mate of mine.

"Only to you."

And for some reason I liked that he was only nice and sweet to me.

He chuckled and pulled back.

"So possessive of your mate aren't you?"

He teased tapping my nose lightly.

I blushed.

Me: "Maybe..." I said shyly.

He eyes turned molten and he gave me a burning kiss.

Zukile: "This pleases me." He  growled roughly against my lips.

I shivered as butterflies fluttered around my tummy.

Me: "I like pleasing you."

His eyes changed. I couldn't decipher the emotion reflected in them but it was making my heart beat faster.

Zukile: "You're my soul." He declared, then he gave me the most beautiful of kisses. It was soft and sweet. This was the first time for him to kiss me like this. It filled my soul with warmth and love.