Chapter 20

I was the centre of attention today on campus. Everywhere I was, students stopped to stare, and some were not even afraid to point fingers at me as they whispered behind their hands to their friends about me. I know it was more of what Zukile did when he dropped me off this morning. The guy guy gave me a goodbye kiss right there in the open for everyone to see. I think he did it on purpose. As to why, I don't know. So I'm sure when word got around even the people who didn't know, now know. Sheesh! I hated this. Really really hated it. I wished I could bury my head under the sand or disappear all together. I kept my head down as I walked about the campus. I missed the days when I was invisible. If I knew dating Zukile would be like this I wouldn't have confessed to him. Liar. Okay I would still confess but request that we keep our relationship under the radar.

It was lunchtime now. I was waiting for Zukile under my tree. When 20 minutes passed and still no sign of him I started to get antsy. And the worst part is that he had my phone so I couldn't call him.

Hello.

Silence.

Hello?

Still nothing. I sighed. Even the Zukile in my head was nowhere to be found.

When an hour passed, I decided to go get myself something to munch on fast like a sandwich since my next class was in 15 minutes. I was really worried though about my boyfriend. I hope nothing bad happened to him. No Zenande don't think like that. I'm sure something came up and is keeping him busy. I kept telling myself that as I walked towards the tuck shop. I just bought a sandwich and was eating it as I went towards the building where my class was going to be when I was suddenly grabbed from the behind and everything went black.