Chapter 57

"Luna, I'm Busisiwe and this is my mate Ricardo. We are Tina's parents. Thank you for accepting our daughter as your personal servant. We're very honored and hope she is serving you well." Said a woman who looked a lot like her daughter. The man seating next to her had a beard that covered half of his face. He was bulky but short. They were both looking at me with apprehension.

Me: "Tina is perfect. I'm the one who's blessed at having her serve me. So I should be the one thanking you for raising such a wonderful daughter."

They both smiled as Busisiwe cried out happily.

Ricardo: "Thank you Luna."

Busisiwe: "Yes, thank you thank you." She held my hand as her eyes filled out with tears.

After that, everyone wanted to talk with me so I tried my best to give everyone my undivided attention but it was hard since there were many of them. Some even got into arguments about others hogging my attention to themselves. I had to put out fires a few times. I've never in my life experienced such. Here, I was someone of importance to them. In all my life growing up, I was always the nuisance, the ignored and also the forgotten. But not with these people. They hanged on to my every word. It was so surreal. Even though I was still not used to the attention, I enjoyed myself. When I got back home though I was so beat that I took a nap.

When I woke up, I was in a cocoon. My mate was back. I breathed in his scent and snuggled in closer to him. The arms around me tightened.

Zukile: "You're finally awake." He kissed my forehead.

I looked up at him and smiled. My mate was really handsome. He smiled. "Thank you. You're not too bad yourself."

Me: "Mind reader." I accused. He chuckled. "When did you get back?"

Zukile: "Mmmm...about 2 hours ago." I hummed kissing his chin. His eyes got soft. My belly flipped. "How was breakfast?"

Me: "As if you don't already know how it went, you mind reader." He laughed.

Zukile: "But I want to hear it from you directly."

Me: "Everyone was so nice and welcoming. And everyone likes me. Like really really like me. Can you believe it?" I told him in excitement.

He smiled softly and brushed my nose with his finger.

Zukile: "Of course I can believe it. My mate is likeable." My heart warmed.

Me: "Our pack is filled with good and humble people."

Zukile: "Yes, that is true."

Me: "From now on let's eat our meals with everyone."

Zukile: "Okay baby, whatever you want." I sighed happily. "Seeing you this happy pleases me."

Me: "I have the best mate anyone could ask for, why wouldn't I be happy?"

His eyes grew intense.

Zukile: "Precious one."

Me: "It's true."

Zukile: "Stop talking."

Me: "But it's true. You're everything-."

Zukile: "If you don't want to get fucked stop talking my mate." I licked my lips. He chuckled. "You're so insatiable."

Me: "It's your fault." I said breathlessly.

Zukile: "Yes. I've created a monster."

Me: "Kiss me Zuki please."

Zukile: "Only because you said please." And then he kissed me.