Chapter 6

I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror. I just finished taking a shower. My eyes zeroed on the reddish mark that was on my shoulder. Was that...no way. Was that a bite mark? I blinked and blinked. That...that...couldn't be it right? I mean there's no way. I touched it tentatively with my fingers and shivered. It wasn't painful or anything. Just sensitive. Not knowing how I could even begin to explain what I was seeing I decided to block it out of my mind because even thinking about the possibility of it all being real was terrifying.

I was on the bus, on my way to school. I kept sniffing myself because before I left home my mother made a comment again about me smelling like a wet dog. She said the smell was more stronger today than yesterday. I sighed. Either there was something wrong my nose or my mother's because to me I didn't smell like a dog. I smelled like me.

Precious one

Not this again! I looked around the bus and like before, the handsome man was nowhere in sight. It was all in my head.

Precious one

The voice was more clearer now.

No please, leave me alone. I pleaded with my eyes closed.

Precious one

No no no! I covered my ears with my hands.

Precious one

What do you want from me? I screamed in my head. I waited a few seconds and of course there was no response. I laughed at myself. Wow Zenande, you're really losing your mind. Did you really think you would get a response back? Seriously? It's all in your head. Stop obsessing about a man you don't even know what his first name is.

It was lunch time. I was at my usual spot, under the tree, eating my sandwich.

Precious one

Seriously? Humph. This was starting to annoy me. What?
The voice chuckled. Even the chuckle was like his from the dream. I really had it bad.

So it hadn't been my imagination earlier on. You really can talk back to me. How did you do that?

What do you mean? This is all in my head.

You still think that this is not real? That I'm not real?

Yep. I blame myself for obsessing over you. Now my head is playing tricks on me.

You're obsessed with me?

You could say so. I said begrudgingly.

This pleases me precious one. Greatly.

I don't know if it was the wind passing by or what but I felt a brush of some sort against my cheek. Like a feather like caress. Which was crazy, I know but nonetheless I felt it and I couldn't help my body's reaction to it. I cleared my throat.

Go away now. You're disturbing my lunchtime. I-I want to eat in peace please.

Okay precious one. Soon.

Was it me or did that "soon" sound like a promise? I shook my head and finished my lunch.