Chapter 36

While I was still flabbergasting about what just happened, Zukile appeared with his teammates on toe looking all wild and outraged. God. He was ready for war. They all were. And I gotta say, they looked frightening as hell, especially my mate. Yikes.

Zukile: "Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Where is he?"

He bombarded me with these questions not giving me a chance to answer as he looked me over checking to see if I was in one piece.

Me: "Zukile-."

Zukile: "What the hell is this?!" He exploded as his eyes zeroed in on the red welt on my arm. Oh-Oh. "Did he do this to you?!"

Me: "Zu-."

Zukile: "Did he?!" He was livid. No. He was way beyond that. I could even see how he was fighting his wolf from coming out. The library was dead silent now. At the corner of my eye I could even see a few students running out with their books held to their chests. I didn't blame them. I also would if I was in their shoes. "Ace and Lutho take the guys and track that bloodsucker. I want his head." He ordered.

Andile: "Yes Alpha." And then they left.

Oh my god!

Zukile: "Does it hurt?"

Me: "No it doesn't. I'm fine-."

Zukile: "You're not fine. I'm not fine!" He cut me off harshly. I closed my mouth. "Wait until I find him, I'll tear him into pieces. He dares to touch what's mine?" He growled. "I'll show him hell."

"Sorry can you keep your voices down. Students are trying to study. Take your argument outside." This came from a woman. I think she was the library assistant or something. Zukile turned to her and pinned her with his eyes. Whatever she saw in them must've been horrifying because she gasped and shrunk away in fear. Damn. I felt so sorry for her.

Zukile: "Let's go." He grabbed my stuff and my hand and led me out the library.

We were in his car. He was trying to heal the red welt with his saliva. Notice, I said trying, meaning it wasn't healing which was infuriating my mate even more. His rage filled the whole car. It was so thick, I swear I could touch it. He was half human and half wolf right now. But I wasn't scared. Nope. Not even a tiny bit. It's like I knew in my heart and soul that he would never hurt me.