Chapter 77

We were out for dinner and the restaurant we were at was one of those elegant and fancy ones where only the upper-class people dined at. Classical music was playing in the background. I was wearing a dress which Tami helped me pick out. It was black and open shouldered. It even had a slit. Earlier on when Tami was urging me on to buy it I was not sure it was for me. Even when I put it on tonight, I was still not sure until I saw my mate's reaction. To say the handsome man loved it was putting it lightly. Too lightly. His eyes had glowed with intensive possessiveness and promise of what he was going to do to me later on when we got back to our room tonight. The way he had looked at me I'm surprised he hadn't ripped off the dress from my body and taken me right there and then like I knew he wanted to.

Even now I still do

Oh? I challenged.

He growled as the hand that was on my neck tightened.

Don't test me mate. I'm already hanging on by a thin thread as it is

He was. I could feel it. And his possessiveness was on another level. The death glares he kept on shooting at every male who looked our way or was  close to our vicinity was classic.

It's because they want what's mine

He growled.

Those bastards. I'll kill them

I snorted.

That's not true. Nobody wants me

Oh but they do my mate. I can smell their interest and desire

You can?!

I asked surprised and a little mortified.

Yes. He said unhappily. Especially that waiter. He's lucky that there's people around or otherwise he would've been long dead

Zuki!

What? He wants what's mine. It's what he deserves and more

Oh gosh!

You can't kill our waiter

So I can kill the others?

No!!

He chuckled.

No killing. Promise me

Okay my mate. I promise I won't kill anyone...

He placed a kiss on my shoulder.

At least for now anyway. He finished.

Zuki!

He chuckled.

I'm kidding...well not really but I won't kill anyone...promise.

I huffed. This shifter. He really was something else. He laughed.

Shifter?

Get out of my head

Never

You're impossible

You like me impossible

That's true. Sigh. He chuckled and placed another kiss on my shoulder. He signaled the waiter over.

Zukile: "Mozhem li my imet' bol'she etogo khleba?"

Waiter: "Da, ser, nemedlenno." He bowed and then he went away.

Me: "What did you say to him?"

Zukile: "That we wanted more bread."

Me: "Really?" I asked happily. He nodded. "Nice! This bread is delicious. I can't get enough of it."

Zukile: "I know." He said smiling a knowing smile.
Me: "What bread is it? Is it garlic bread?" He nodded. "God is so good! Do you think we have restaurants back home with garlic bread as this good?"

Zukile: "I don't know but we'll find it."

Me: "You're the best."

Zukile: "I know." I rolled my eyes laughing.

Me: "And so cocky."

Zukile: "I know that too." I laughed some more.

Me: "W-What?" He had this weird look on his face. He shook his head and patted my head.

Zukile: "Nothing. You're just exceptionally beautiful that's all." Lord! My heart warmed and my belly flipped. I blushed as I looked away. My mate was sweet and intense. Sheesh. The waiter brought the bread and we carried on eating.