Chapter 17

I don't think I can do this. I said to myself . I was standing at the top of the stairs. I was freaking out. I just couldn't bring myself to go down there. I can't do this. I really can't.

Yes you can.

No, I can't.

They will love you.

I highly doubt it.

Come down precious one or I will come get you.

Ha! Good luck with that. You're not real. You're in my head remember?

Should I prove to you how real I am? Here I come.

I heard steps coming up the stairs. There's no way. This had to be a coincidence. My mouth was agape as I watched Zukile climb up the stairs.
Me: "W-What are you?" He just smiled.
Zukile: "Come they're waiting." He took my hand and pulled me down the stairs with him.
Me: "Z-Zukile-."
Zukile: "Mom Dad, meet my girlfriend Zenande." It was too late to do anything because Zukile's parents were right there smiling at me. The mother was beautiful and the father was handsome. No surprise there. I mean Zukile came from them so of course his parents had to be perfect. I was taken aback by how young they looked and also by how huge Zukile's father was. In size and in stature. I can't explain it but there was this energy coming from him that made me want to shrink back. I would've if not for his kind eyes. Zukile looked a lot like his father.
Zukile's mom: "Oh son she's so adorable." She said clasping her hands in front of her face. She looked like she wanted to cry.
Zukile: "Mom don't start crying or you'll scare her."
Zukile's mom: "Oh shut up." She said wiping the corners of her eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm just so happy right now, you have no idea." She said to me. "I'm not usually this emotional." Zukile snorted next to me. "You keep quiet."
Zukile: "I didn't say anything." She gave him a look. Zukile chuckled.
Zukile's mom: "So I'm Tamilia, you can call me Tami. And this is my husband Zuko."
Me: "Hi." I greeted with a small wave. Yeah I know, lame. But surprisingly, Zuko's parents didn't think so, especially his mother. Her smile got bigger as tears gathered in her eyes.
Tami: "You're so sweet." I was? "Can I hug you?"
Zukile: "Mom-."
Tami: "Please?" I just nodded because what else could I say? And she was nice so yeah. She came forward and wrapped her arms around me. "Thank you for finally coming to my son." She said softly. She pulled back and brushed my hair in a motherly way that made my throat get tight. "I can already see it, we're going to be best friends you and I." She announced.