Chapter 89

We were down at the dungeons. The first thing that caught me was the stench. It prickled my eyes and nostrils. That's how strong and awful it was. Luckily I had a good eye vision now so even though it was dark I could see everything clearly.

I was surprised that there were other prisoners down here. I thought it was only my sister. When I asked Zuki about the other prisoners, he just said they were the enemies of the pack. Some snarled at us as we passed by. I could smell that some were werewolves, while the others were witches and vampires.

When we suddenly stopped, I knew were in front of Sophia's cell. Her scent was the most strong here. She was sitting hobbled at the far end corner. Before I could open my mouth to call out to her, she suddenly turned and hissed showing me her fangs.

Yikes.

Sophia: "It's you, Zenande, isn't it? The dog lover." She spat.

Me: "Sophia-."

Sophia: "By the smell of it, you're one of them now." She then started to laugh. "It's all coming true. It's all coming true!" She shouted as she continued to laugh.

Me: "Sophia I came because I have questions that I need to ask you." She stopped laughing.

Sophia: "Questions?"

Me: "Yes" She chuckled.

Sophia: "Didn't your dog mate tell you how I'm not good with answering questions?" I squeezed my fists  as I tried to rein in my wolf. She was not happy with Sophia insulting Zukile.

Me: "Sophia, I know you don't like me-." She laughed.

Sophia: "Like you?" She laughed again. "Like you? No, I don't like you. I loathe you." She said with so much hate that I really believed her. She really did loathe me. I could feel it and see it.

Me: "So you guys really adopted me to stop the prophecy?" She sniffed and said nothing. "I guess it's true." I said nodding. Then I chuckled softly. "You know for some reason that gives me more peace than thinking that you guys treated me the way you treated me because I was unlovable." She sneered.

Sophia: "You were unlovable. You were the curse. You still are the curse!" She shouted. "You'll ruin everything we've tried to built."

Me: "Are you talking about the Red-eyes monsters? Did the vampires create them?" She eyes widened then she  sniffed and looked away shifting. "Why did the vampires create the Red-eyes monsters? Nothing. "Is it because of power?" I pushed.

Sophia: "It useless to ask, I wont say anything."

Me: "Even if you don't, I can guess."

Sophia: "You don't know anything you dog lover." She hissed. "You can't stop what's coming. None of you can." She smiled.