Chapter 14

His house was beautiful inside and outside. I also liked that it smelled like him. Being in his personal space was making me nervous. We just started dating and already I was sleeping over for the weekend. I wasn't experienced in dating but I knew this was moving fast. Were we going to sleep on the same bed? Thinking about the possibility terrified and excited me.
Me: "Y-You live a-alone?"
Zukile: "Yes."
Me: "Oh."
Zukile: "Make yourself at home while I go put this upstairs okay?" He meant my overnight bag. I gave a tentative nod. His eyes lingered on me for just a few seconds and then he disappeared. I released a breath I didn't I was holding. Make myself at home. How the hell was I going to do that? Zenande what were thinking? I honestly didn't know. I shouldn't have come. I hugged myself as my eyes wondered around. When Zukile reappeared again, he was no longer in his hoodie. He was in a black vest which was show casing his nice strong arms. I blushed and fiddled with my glasses while looking everywhere else but him. "Are you hungry precious one? I could make you something to eat." I was about to answer no when my stomach chose to grumble. Zukile chuckled. "Come." He pulled me with him to the kitchen. I sat on one of the counter chairs while he moved around making me something to eat. I couldn't take my eyes of him. I didn't know until him that a man who knew his way around the kitchen was super attractive.
Me: "S-So...erm..."
Zukile: "Out with it precious one."
Me: "W-Why are you and those people out there living as you are?"
Zukile: "You mean as a family?"
Me: "Yeah."
Zukile: "It's because we are a family." I frowned because I didn't get it. Well, not really. It was all so confusing but I shrugged it away because there were many things about this boyfriend of mine that I didn't get. "Which means you're also part of the family."
Me: "M-Me?" I asked in a high voice.
Zukile: "Yes." I shook my head.
Me: "W-Why?"
Zukile: "Because you're mine."
Me: "As simple as that?"
Zukile: "Yes precious one. As simple as that."
Me: "Oh." I said in a small voice.
Zukile: "Why? You're not happy?"
Me: "N-No i-it's not that. It's just that..."
Zukile: "Talk to me."
Me: "Why would those people accept me as being part of the family just because I'm yours? I don't get it."
Zukile: "It's because they have to. It's our way."
Me: "What do you mean by our way? Whose way."
Zukile: "Theirs, our forefathers, mine and now also yours."
Me: "I still don't get it." He stopped what he was doing and came to me. Having him in close proximity affected me.
Zukile: "You don't need to get it now precious one but you can accept it, can't you?" I kept quiet and bit my lip nervously. "Can't you?"
Me: "I can."
Zukile: "Then it's sorted." I sighed.
Me: "That's your favorite line for everything isn't it?" He smiled.
Zukile: "What do you mean?" I rolled my eyes.
Me: "As if you don't know." He chuckled. He gave me a pat on the head and went back to what he had been doing.

We were busy eating when Zukile stopped and got this faraway look like he was seeing something somewhere.
Me: "Zukile? What's wrong?" When he didn't say anything, I touched his hand and his eyes snapped back to me. He blinked. "W-What's wrong?"
Zukile: "Oh sorry baby. It's nothing. But I need to step out for a bit." He said standing up.
Me: "What?"
Zukile: "Something needs my attention. I'll be right back."
Me: "But Zu-."
Zukile: "I'll be right back precious one. Finish your food." He gave a kiss on the head and then he was gone. What?