Chapter 3

When I got home, my family was already gathered in the living area watching tv. I lived my adoptive parents, brother and sister. My siblings were way older than me but looked so young and flawless, and same went for my parents . I always wondered why my parents adopted me when already they had children. Weird right? Lately I've been wondering about my biological parents. Were they still alive? Why did they abandon me? I tried not to think a lot about them and who they were but I couldn't help myself. I guess I was in desperate need for affection since I didn't get any from my family. Sigh. Okay enough of the self pity party Z. This is your life. You can't change it.  Deal with it. I greeted everyone but was met with silence. No surprise there but again I was disappointed. I sighed softly and went to my bedroom. I threw myself on the bed and couldn't help it when my mind drifted to the thoughts of the handsome man. I don't know why I felt so strongly towards him. It didn't make sense. I didn't even know his name for goodness sake! I went to open my window since I was feeling a bit hot all of a sudden. I stared out. My window overlooked the forest. This was the only thing I loved about this house. The view from my window. I don't know but I always felt calm when I stood here breathing in the nature while appreciating it's beauty. Even now, I felt the familiar calmness spread through my body giving me the sense of security. Even though it was dark out, the moon shone over the forest giving me the perfect view.

After a few minutes, I started to get tired and cold so I closed the window and decided to get ready for bed. I wasn't even going to have supper. It was not like I had any appetite for anything anyway. I changed to my pj's and got in bed. I must've been more exhausted than I thought because soon after I was out.

I was dreaming. I was in a beautiful garden and there laid out on the table was a birthday cake with candles on top of it. "You finally decided to join the party birthday girl." A deep voice said behind me. I turned and was met with the handsome man. Yes, this was definitely a dream. "I was worried you wouldn't make it in time." He said walking towards me with a small smile on his face. How was it possible that even in a dream he was handsome as he was in real life. Damn him. "Happy birthday my precious one." He said brushing his finger against my cheek.  I swallowed overwhelmed with emotions. "Come you need to blow out the candles and make a wish." He took my hand in his and pulled me towards the table that had the cake. "Blow out the candles precious one." My eyes stayed on his unblinking. "Go on, blow the candles and make a wish." He encouraged giving my hand a squeeze. I did as he said and made a wish. "What did you wish for?" When I didn't say anything, he gave my hand a squeeze again.
Me: "I wished that this was all real and not just in a dream." I told him softly. His eyes turned tenderly.
Him: "Oh my precious one, but this is real." I shook my head as tears gathered in my eyes.
Me: "It's not."
Him: "It is."
Me: "No it's not. Good things don't happen to me and besides, no one has ever wished me a happy birthday before so..." I shrugged blowing out a breath... "this has got to be a dream." His eyes flashed a bit with displeasure... "and besides how would you have known that it was my birthday today? No, this is just my subconscious trying to console me." He suddenly pulled me flat against him wrapping his arms around me. A small gasp escaped me as my body came alive with awareness.
Him: "Listen to me precious one." He was suddenly serious... "We might be in a dream but this is real. You hear me?"
Me: "No-"
Him: "Precious one, don't argue. Say yes I hear you." The authority in his voice.  I blinked up at him.
Me: "Yes, I hear you." I heard myself say.  He gave me a squeeze satisfied that I obeyed him. Gosh.
Him: "And don't worry, from now on, all your birthdays will be spent with me. You will never be alone again." Gosh I would really really like that but I knew this was just a dream so I said nothing. "I know you don't believe me since you still think this is just a dream but you will come to know everything and when you do you'll ease into us."
Me: "Us?"
Him: "Yes, us. That we are fated mates."
Me: "Fated mates?" He smiled.
Him: "Yes precious one." I shook my head trying to wrap my head around what he just said.
Me: "I don't under-."
Him: "Don't worry, in time you will."
Me: "I-."
Him: "All you need to know now is that I'm your everything just as you are mine. We are never to be apart. I will kill for you, die for you, own you, posses you, breathe for you and give you the world." Wow.
Me: "You're intense." I told him in a breathy voice. He chuckled lightly.
Him: "You haven't seen the half of it precious one."
Me: "I like that."
Him: "Like what?"
Me: "When you call me precious one." He gave me a squeeze as he bent his head to rub his nose against my cheek lovingly. Damn.
Him: "It's because you are precious to me. More than you know."
Me: "I don't want to wake up from this dream." He said nothing... "I want to stay like this with you forever. Out in the real world, I'm all alone." I said sadly.
Him: "Not anymore. You have me now." I sighed... "I have to go now precious one."
Me: "No please not yet." I said holding onto him breathing in his lovely earthly scent. He smelled like nature.
Him: "Precious one-."
Me: "No please." He groaned as he breathed me in.
Him: "I have to or otherwise you'll be worn out come morning."
Me: "I don't care."
Him: "Well I do. Your well-being comes first to me. Always."
Me: "But-."
Him: "I'll come find you at school. Promise."
Me: "Only if the dream you was the real you." He chuckled touched his head with mine.
Him: "Soon." And then he was gone. After that I didn't dream another dream but I slept happy for the first time in years.