Chapter 26

After I finished freshening up, Zukile was downstairs waiting for me. I couldn't meet his eyes so I looked everywhere else but him as I fidgeted with my hands.
Zukile: "Come, let's take a walk." I was glad he said that because being in a confided space with him was getting to me. I followed him outside. People were out and about doing all sorts of things. When they saw us, they stopped what they were doing and lowered their heads at us. Gosh! I flushed not knowing what to do. I was both uncomfortable and overwhelmed. The first reason for that was because of the attention, of course. There was like 50 or so of them. So yeah. The second reason being, I now knew that I was amongst werewolves and if I was really Zukile's life mate then I really was their Luna. Just imagine, me a Luna! Yeesh! This was too much. As I was starting to have a mini panic, they suddenly went back to doing what they had been doing pretending like Zukile and I weren't there. Zukile led me away.

There was no one here but me, Zukile and nature. As we walked my eyes took in everything. It was refreshing and beautiful out here. Even more beautiful than my forest. Zukile's hands were fisted by his sides as we continued to walk. I could see and feel how he was struggling to control himself from touching me. Even though I also was craving and aching for his touch, I was glad that he wasn't. I needed to be sane for what was coming.

My breath got stuck in my throat when I saw a creek.
Me: "Wow." I whispered in awe.

Zukile: "I knew you were going to like this place." I didn't say anything to that. "Come, let's go and sit there." He pointed to some rocks and we went to go sit. "Precious one?"

Me: "Huh?"

Zukile: "Please look at me baby." I lifted my eyes to his and immediately found myself drowning in them. I closed my eyes holding my breath when he raised his hand toward my face. I couldn't help but to release a small gasp when his hand finally settled on my cheek. I opened my eyes to his intense ones. "Forgive me?"

Me: "I-I...Zukile-."

Zukile: "Please." The desperation in his voice made my heart ache.

Me: "T-There's n-nothing to forgive." And really there wasn't. It's not like he deceived me or anything. Now that I think about it, he's been trying to tell me the truth since the beginning. It was just me who didn't believe him.

Zukile: "Then why do I feel like you're trying to pull away from me?"

Me: "I-I..." I sighed. "It's just that all of this is so unreal which makes it overwhelming. My head is a giant mess and I'm trying to figure things out." I told him. "I mean you're a werewolf Zukile. A freakin werewolf!" I shook my head. "And I'm your mate. Me?!" I laughed in disbelief. "Isn't that crazy?"

Zukile: "You being my mate is not crazy." He growled in displeasure. "It's the best thing that has ever happened in my 25 years of existence. It's everything. You're everything." He meant every single word. My heart went all gooey and warm inside.