Chapter 80

It was during the day. I was busy with an assignment. Zukile was out and Tina was cleaning around the house.

I was just about finished when I heard commotion outside. Well it was more like wolves were fighting. I quickly went out to take a look with Tina on toe and it was as I had predicted. Wolves were fighting. Two of them to be precise. One was grey and the other was dark orange and they were really going at it. This was my first time seeing a fight break out within our pack and what was surprising was that nobody was intervening. They just watched while a few even cheered on.

Me: "Why is nobody stopping them?!"

Tina: "They can't My Queen."

Me: "Why?"

Tina: "Because a challenge was issued and the other Omega accepted."

Me: "So people are going to watch while they kill each other?!"

Tina: "Oh no. No killing My Queen." She waved her hands around. "Just fighting until one of them submits."

Me: "So let me get this right, only challenged fights are permitted?" She nodded. "And killing is forbidden?" Another nod. "Then what happens if one does kill the other?" Tina's eyes widened and she shook her head.

Tina: "We shall not talk about it My Queen."

Me: "Why? Tell me." She shook her head.

Tina: "It's bad. The worst punishment."

Me: "Tell me."

Tina: "It means banishment."

Me: "And that's bad?" She nodded vehemently.

Tina: "Yes My Queen. It's the worst thing that can happen to a wolf. Just imagine a wolf without a pack." She shook her head. "It's worse than death."

Oh.

I looked back to the fight. They were still at it and they were fighting brutally. Especially the grey one. It was vicious in its attacks.

Me: "I can't believe nobody is going to stop this. Somebody is going to get hurt."

Tina: "Fights between wolves are always like this My Queen."

Me: "Do you know them?"

Tina: "Yes. The grey one is Khethiwe and the other one is Nomsa."

Me: "They're females?" I asked surprised.

Tina: "Yes, of course. If it was males it would've been a lot more bloody My Queen." I didn't doubt that for a second.

Me: "Do you know what the fight is about?"

Tina: "Yes. They're fighting over Brandon."

Me: "What?"

Tina: "They're fighting over a male My Queen. This is a common thing to happen between unmated females."

Me: "So they're fighting over this Brandon and the winner gets to have him?"

Tina: "Yes."

Oh my god!

Me: "Who does Brandon want?"

Tina: "I don't know but I think he's fine with any one of them. He doesn't care as long as he has a woman to warm his bed while he waits for his fated one."