Chapter 79

It was the Red-Eyed monsters. They looked like vampires but they were paler, more creepy and of course, they had red eyes. I don't know where this was but there was an army of them and they were on a move. They walked robotic like there was somebody controlling them. One of them happened to look straight at me and I suddenly felt cold. Don't look them in their eyes. A voice in my head said. I looked away and the coldness went away.

I woke up with a start. I was a little out of breath and I felt cold. Zukile pulled me into his arms squeezing me. I accepted his warmth calming my heart.

Me: "Did you see?"

Zukile: "Yes."

Me: "Tell me." And he did.

This hasn't been the first time I had dreamt about the Red-Eyed monsters. I have been dreaming about them ever since we got back from Russia two weeks ago. The dreams were frequent but haven't been scary as the first one. I haven't woken up screaming or crying my lungs out with my heartbroken. The thing is though, I still couldn't remember but because Zukile could enter my dreams, he saw what I saw and remembered. Crazy right? I know.

"Where were they going? Did you see?"

Zukile: "No but they were moving towards something." I sighed.

Me: "The more I dream, the more I get this feeling that something big is coming." He gave me a squeeze and breathed me in.

Zukile: "Whatever comes, we'll deal with it together precious one."

Me: "I know but I just wish the dreams could tell us more." He sighed.

Zukile: "Me too."

Me: "I woke up feeling cold, do you know why?" I asked after a short while.

Zukile: "It was after one of them looked at you that you started to feel cold."

Me: "Do you think they can see me in these dreams?"

Zukile: "I hope fucking not!" He growled. I kissed his chest.

Me: "Don't get riled up. It's fine. I'm fine." He exhaled.

Zukile: "I hate this."

Me: "I know."

Zukile: "Hate not being in control." He said in frustration. "I feel useless to you."

Me: "Hey don't say that. You're not useless. Without you, I wouldn't even know what I was dreaming about."

Zukile: "Yeah but if it was up to me, I'd prefer you not having the dreams at all." He told me. "I hate that I can't stop you from having them. What if you get hurt and I can't protect you? What then?"

Me: "Nothing like what you're worried about will happen. You'll always be there to protect me."

Zukile: "How do you know that?"

Me: "Hello? We're mates and we're connected and stuff so yeah." He puffed out a laugh. "You'll always know if I'm in danger or if I need you." He exhaled.

Zukile: "I guess, you're right." He kissed the top of my head. "Okay let's get ready or we'll be late for breakfast." I groaned softly.

Me: "Okay."