Chapter 46

I turned away from him as I tried to get my bearings.

He wrapped his arms around my waist from the back.

Zukile: "I know it's hard and it will take you some time to get used but I'm confident that you will in the end."

I shook my head.

Me: "I-I don't think so Zukile."

Zukile: "Hey have confidence in yourself like I do in you."

Me: "Zukile..."

I sighed not knowing what to say. Really, this was just... I didn't even know where to start to explain how this situation was.

Zukile: "Hey hey..." He gave me a squeeze. "It'll be fine baby, you'll see."

I shook my head.

Me: "I don't know the first thing of being a Luna, now I even have a servant." I closed my eyes biting my lip. "I just don't like it."

Zukile: "I know but it'll be fine I promise." He kissed my shoulder. "And she seems like a nice enough girl."

Me: "Her being nice is not the problem. I'm not suited for any of this Zukile."

Zukile: "Don't say that."

He growled.

Me: "I'm really not. Let's be honest. I'm in way over my head here."

Zukile: "You're not. You just need to trust in yourself. You're way more stronger than you think."

Me: "I'm a scaredy cat. You know this."

Zukile: "You might be innocent and shy but you're definitely not a scaredy cat." He told me strongly.
"The Goddess wouldn't have gifted you to me if she thought you wouldn't be able to handle all of this." He told me. "So since She did gift you to me, it means you were born for this."

What he just said did make sense but having a servant was still not sitting well with me. Even the word servant was rubbing me off the wrong way. It was just wrong. But since it was their way, which was also my way now, I had to find a way to suck it up and accept it as it was since I wasn't going to be able to change it. I mean, the girl was raised to serve me. If I refused her, what was she going to do? All her training would go to waste. I couldn't do that to her and her family. And I also had a feeling that if I did refuse her then my pack would hate me.

I exhaled, the fight leaving my body.

Zukile smiled against my neck.

Me: "How old is she?"

Zukile: "Same age as you."

I sighed and bit my lip nervously.

Me: "Okay, let's go meet her again, I guess."