34

𝕝𝕦𝕟𝕒 𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕣
꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱
・:*:・。☆・:*:・。☆

Before I knew it, we stood outside where the baby shower was held. Everything was going by so quickly yet so slowly. Harry comes to a halt before opening the door, peering at the security guards on either side.

" Luna, you haven't said one word since we left the house, baby. Are you okay?" I clear my throat and blink a few times as I look up at myself.

"What do you mean? mhm yeah, I'm okay, sorry I didn't know." Harry remained silent as his delicate hands softly grasped my jaw and tilted my head upwards.

I was worried about who killed her; they knew we were in that room, but they didn't kill us.

" don't lie to me. Talk to me. Do you want to go somewhere more private?" Harry doesn't let me answer him, pulling me to the side. " still thinking about what happened."

I cleared my throat and nodded, sucking in a breath. "You always warned me about how dangerous this is, but we were so close to whoever killed your assistant, and... it may all be linked to whoever sent me flowers,"

" It may or may not be connected. We don't know yet, Luna, but whoever killed her, I swear I'll make their life a living hell."

"What if you can't find them?"

"I'm not going to give up until I do." He simply placed his hand on my hips and said. "Is that all you've had on your mind?"

I hate how he knows me...

I shook my head, then returned my gaze to his eyes, staring down at his cross necklace. "I've got a lot on my mind; it's like a crossword puzzle. I'm thinking about my parents, why they killed her; I'm still worried about Jeni and Liam. He agreed way too quickly for someone working on a case on you."

"Case?" He asked, glaring at me. "You didn't say anything about a case, Luna?"

" yes, I did. I told you while we were in my bookstore that Liam was working on a case and that you were the main suspect."

" Luna, what the fuck? If you had told me that bullshit, I would not have reacted as calmly as I did." Harry rambled out. " you did not tell me that."

" you're going to tell me what I did and didn't say? I fucking told you," Harry pulls away, keeping his hands away from me.

" No, you didn't. I didn't know Liam was working on a case."

" Stop saying you didn't." I sigh and put my hands on my hips. "I swear I told you,"

" whatever, Luna, believe whatever you want. Do you honestly believe Liam would agree when he's trying to put me away? that's not even possible."

"Harry," I mumbled as I approached him. He turns around and walks away, completely ignoring me.

"No, because I have no idea why I allowed you to speak with him in the first place. I can do my job." Harry walks into the place, leaving me outside. I take a few deep breaths before walking in.

The venue wasn't nearly as crowded as I had imagined. It was nothing like the gala. A few people were sitting at different tables, talking with each other, Gemma and others walking around with food and drink. They didn't appear to be wealthy, like guests at the gala. Instead, they seemed to be more like family, dressed casually but stylishly.

" Luna?" I turn around, looking at Louis.

"Oh, hello," I said with a smile.

"Hello," he said with a smile. "How are you feeling?"