53

𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕤
꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱
・:*:・。☆・:*:・。☆

We moved silently in the direction of Luna's room, knowing that she had finally awakened. The halls felt like they were closing in on me as I reread the numbers, and I could hear a beeping sound in the back of my head.

My Luna finally woke up.

I was happy, but I couldn't pretend I wasn't afraid. I had no idea what to expect when I entered those doors—would Luna hate me? Would she want to stop being with me because I put her in danger? Again.

I softly opened the door and peered inside. I feel my heart sag when I see Luna. She had no color on her face, purple lips, hair up and away from her face, and she still had some dried blood on the side of her face that I couldn't clean. She appeared to be completely exhausted.

Her eyes turned to the door, and when she saw me come in, she grinned, stopping her conversation with Liam. "Are you trying to get away from me? Can't get rid of me so easily." As we reentered the room, she smiled. Behind me, her dad entered.

I laugh and cup her face looking into her flimsy eyes. "never. How would my life be without you?" She smiles, closing her eyes shut "how are you feeling?"

"Well, I'm starving, my head is killing me, and peeing feels strange. Can you sneak some Chinese food in for me? I came to stand hospital food." She spoke with a harsh, raw voice but continued without stopping to look behind me.

"Hello, dads." she looks down at the remote control and presses the button to sit up.

" Luna," Alex smiled and walked towards the other side next to Liam. " I'm happy to see you up, princess."

" do you want the same food as always?" Luke asked, and Luna grinned, looking pleased. After Luke's hug, she pulls her hands, comes up, and touches where the stitches are, a whine leaving her lips. " Jesus Christ— did I crack my skull?"

Alex nodded " does your head hurt? don't touch it." I urge, grabbing her hands. She nodded and moved over, patting a place on the bed.

"Lie next to me." I sat on the bed and took a glance around the space. I was holding her close, feeling wonderful and cherished by her warm body.

" you're worrying too much about me, pops." she smiled. She tried to smile and convince us that's she happy.

"What do you mean?" he asked, kissing her forehead. "Why wouldn't I be worried about you? You frightened us all, including me."

She shifts uncomfortably and looks down at her nails, peeling at the baby pink nail polish, which I've noticed she does when she's sad, nervous, or in pain. Finally, she looks up, sucking in a breath. "what happened?"

Liam looks at me, then Luke looks at Alex. " what do you remember, Lulu?" Her eyes shift up, and she bites her lower lip, thinking.

" Uhm... it's all a little hazy; I remember a glimpse. Like when I was talking to Harry one moment and then in the restroom talking to a girl?"

"What, girl?" I questioned.

She sighs. "I've never seen her before. But she was nice."

Liam re-asked, "What did you guys talk about?"

"Hey guys, perhaps we shouldn't ask so many questions now. She just woke up." I sucked in a breath.

" Harry, I think we should find out what happened," Luke responds, his eyes flaming with rage and frustration as he briefly turns to face Luna.