44

𝕝𝕦𝕟𝕒 𝕤𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕤
꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱
・:*:・。☆・:*:・。☆

" so, do you want to tell us what happened?" As he prepared breakfast, Alex questioned. Luke glanced at me as he leaned on the counter.

" did Harry hurt you?" I observed his gaze falling on the ring on my finger. I exhaled deeply and rolled my hands into a fist, allowing them to fall to my lap.

"Harry has never laid a hand on me. It was some stranger," I shrugged. I pull my hair back, grunting in pain.

"Princess," Luke says as he steps next to me and grabs my face, protectiveness streaming down his expression as he stares at me. "Tell me if you're in danger."

" I - I am not. I didn't want to go home with Harry after we argued."

" you sold the apartment." I wince and nod.

"I know," I said, closing my eyes briefly before returning my attention to his.

" you're married?" He clears his throat and looks down at my hand. "How long ago did that happen?"

" I know." I cleared my throat and looked at Alex;  they were both just standing in front of me as if I was a little girl about to get into trouble. "On the 25th."

"When are you going to tell us it's the 29th?"

" I know." I took a deep breath and looked away, flashbacks from last night flashing through my mind. " it was a stupid drunk marriage. It was unintentional. However, I have no regrets."

"Are you in love with him?" My father, Alex, asked.

"Uh." I'm not sure what love is. Of course, I don't love him. I can't love someone if I don't understand what love is.

" I do. I know it seems quick, but-" I cleared my throat.

"But, nothing." Alex cut me off. " if you think it's right, it's right. Just because you dated some jerk not long ago doesn't imply you can't fall in love again."

"Where did this happen?" Luke asks as he grabs a plate and cup from the cabinets.

I whispered, "At my bookstore." He remains silent and gives me a pitying gaze.

"How come you were alone so late?" I shrugged, looking away.

"I'm not sure." I remained silent, thinking about last night. When I left with Zayn, he let me shower at his place and take a nap before driving me to my parents' house, where my parents hugged me and let me cry in their arms, asking me no questions till today.

"I cooked your favorite blueberry pancakes, along with your weird eggs and cherry smoothie, Strawberries on the side, and some maple syrup" As he set the plate down, I laughed.

He smiles and walks over to the other side of the counter.

" where is this person that hurt you?"

" uh." I swallowed. "He ran away, and we have no idea where he is. Can we not talk about this, please? Spend a normal day like old times? What if we watch a movie and then put together that ridiculously long puzzle?"

"Family Day," Alex grins. "Let's see what the latest horror film is, shall we? I'll buy us some treats."

-

𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕤
꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱
・:*:・。☆・:*:・。☆

" Harry, you need to relax." As my entire body shook, Gemma murmured to me and placed her hands on my shoulder, the other rubbing her belly.