41.

𝕝𝕦𝕟𝕒 𝕤𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕤
꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱
・:*:・。☆・:*:・。☆

"can we get in the water now?" I peek my eyes open, squinting them against the harsh sunlight. "you've been tanning for like forever now, please." Harry pleaded as if he were a small child.

I raised an eyebrow as he almost crawled on top of me, staring down, keeping everything appropriate, due to the kids around, with family.

"Harry, I've only been tanning for about ten minutes." He gasps and presses his head into the crook of my neck, kissing me.

"Let's get in the water, Darlin'," I bite my lower lips and surround him with my arms.

" you complain a lot." Harry helps me get up, tugging me towards the water and immediately grinning to himself.

Harry pulls us far till only he can reach the floor. I cling onto Harry's waist, wrapping my arms around him. "Can't reach the floor?" He mocks me with a pout.

" Perfect place to drown you, eh?" I giggled, running my hands through his hair.

" I want to see you try." He smiles. Placing his hand on my hips. "Go ahead and do it."

"It's supposed to be when you're not paying attention, so you don't fight back."

He laughs and presses a kiss on my cheeks. "Can we move here? Me and you." Harry murmurs against my lips. " I love staying with you."

"As exciting and amazing as it sounds, I think we both need to be responsible adults," I laugh. "You own a company and a club, after all, and aren't you supposed to stay in the mafia?" he groans, digging his head into my neck.

He inhales deeply and runs his hands down my back. " only thing from keeping me there is knowing that if I do it, if I join, Gemma is under no obligation to continue this bullshit so her family won't be in danger. that her children would always be safe."

My hands become tangled in his hair and then run down his back. "What will happen to the mafia after you, Harry? I can't have kids, and I don't think your father knows that." He takes several deep breaths, leaning back to look at me.

" he doesn't need to know that, okay?" I nod, one of his hands cupping the side of my face, the other holding me up. " if he asks, you can. do you understand?"

" why do I have to lie?" He swallows and looks away for just a second.

"Because... I have no idea what he'll do to you." I stayed silent and looked away at the ocean. It was never-ending water, just deep, profound.

" what will happen when he expects a child? Suppose we can find a surrogate. I don't want my child to be part of what you are."

" what is it even supposed to mean?" He muttered, his anger audible in his voice.

"Harry, it's supposed to mean a lot of things. Do you think I want to put my child in danger? Do you think I want my child to be a killer? I don't want them to suffer." Harry and I had let go of each other, standing in front of each other.

" so it's bad that I'm a killer?"

"It's certainly not good," I laughed as I turned away. "We're two different people, Harry, and you're used to this crap. I'm not. I'm not a fan of this killing bullshit, to be honest. It frightens me; I'm terrified that someone will kill you or hurt you while at work, and I'll never know."

"No one is going to hurt me, Luna,"

" well, you don't know that." My voice grew louder, and I was glad that we had made it this far. "You're not God. You can get killed and, as you stated, make it seem like it was all a fucking accident. What happens after that?"