thirtfour [what happened]

Darkness swirled in my head as I slowly regained consciousness. All I knew was that I was laying on something soft and voices were slowly getting through to me.
"How is she?"
"Still out. How is he?"
"Debbie wants to take him to a doctor but I want him to stay here"
"Yeah, no doctor needed. He's been through worse"
"Yeah Slash is tough"

Hearing that name I tried to move and open my eyes. Vaguely I could see Axl sitting close to me, on the bed I was apparently laying on and Izzy was standing in the doorway.

"What happened?" Is what I wanted to say, but all that came out was a hoarse whisper. Axl shushed me and softly put my shoulders back down "heey hun, stay down okay. You have a concussion, ya might puke" - "And we don't want that" Izzy added with a smile. He seemed happy that I was awake. So did Axl, even if he was acting like a concerned mother.

I attempted to swipe away Axl's hands, which were now tucking the hair behind my ear "leave me alone Ax". Axl pulled his hand away "okay, okay. At least we know you're good as new if you're already acting like you're catty self" he laughed.
It was weird seeing Axl so gentle. Normally he would've been pissed off by now.

Izzy leaned on the top of the doorpost "Imma go tell Slash" and he disappeared. My confusion was probably visible on my face because Axl explained "Slash asked if we would let him know immediately if you woke up". "What happened to him?" I finally asked.
Axl told the whole story since me getting punched in the face.

"You fell to the floor and we all wanted to check on you but those fucking guys were still trying to kill us. Slash was almost passed out ofcourse but when he saw you on the ground something snapped and he threw himself into those two fucks. They got him bad... He was trying to take on both of them and wouldn't listen when we intervened. Eventually I wacked the short one in the head with a bottle and then we had time to drag you and Slash outta there. It was some scary shit but also kinda funny, now that we made it out".

"What do you mean they got him bad?" I asked, trying to process all of this.
Axl didn't seem to hear me.

"I mean, we obviously could've beaten the fuck outta those idiot. At least I could've. And there was five of us and two of them! But Duff and Steven were too caught up with checking if you were alive and shit. But we had to bring you and Slash somewhere. This is Debbie's house, by the way".

"What happened to Slash?" I said, louder, looking Axl in his eyes. "Oh" Axl straightened the sheets on my bed a bit, "well he was just so reckless after that motherfucker hit you, that he wouldn't stop. He took quite a few hits. Nothing broken, thankfully. He'll be able to play still".

At that moment we heard limping footsteps in the hallway and no other than a beat up Slasher stumbled into the room. He was... smiling. He was openly flashing that bright smile of his but there was something off about it. His lip was busted in multiple places. Dried up and fresh blood was seen under his nose and trickling down from his hairline. He was technically wearing a shirt but it was so torn that it was hanging off him and his chest was bare. I could see dark bruises and a couple cuts and his shoulders and arms.
"You're awake!" Slash said. His speech was weird because of his swollen lips.