twentynine [dance]

Izzy was holding mine and Slash's hands and tugged us through the hallway. "We met these girls... Mona and... uh, Lisa? No wait fuck that's a painting... Mona and... whatever. Well their names don't matter! What matters is, we're going out!".

Slash looked annoyed as he let his friend drag him outside. He aggressively pulled his hand out of Izzy's. Izzy walked over to Steven who was holding two bottles of some type of alcohol and reached for one of them.

Axl came standing next to me and Slash "Steven and Izzy already started the party, I believe", he said as the three of us watched Steve and Izz get wasted. Slash still looked mad but muttered "let me get some of that", he walked over and snatched Izzy's bottle from him.

Some time later we walked into a nightclub. Me, Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy and the two new girls: Maria and Lillith.

The new girls immediately took the now properly drunk Izzy and Steven to the dancefloor.

Duff turned to me "wanna dance?"

Oh shit

I was torn. I loved dancing and Duff was a sweetheart. I knew he didn't mean anything by it but...
but what about Slash...

Duff was starting to look confused because I wasn't answering, Slash was staring at me as well, in this intense way. And Axl, Axl was leaning against the wall and enjoying our uncomfortableness.
Axl knew that something had happened between me and Slash, I could tell.
But what really had happened?
Uhg, I was so confused.

"I don't think she wants to dance" Slash muttered finally.
I frowned. What a dick thing of him to say.
I promptly grabbed Duff's hand "actually", Duff smiled widely when I continued "I'd love to dance!".

We leaped onto the dancefloor and let the music take over.

I could still see Slash and Axl from where I was standing. Slash looked completely pissed off and Axl was talking to him, looking cocky.
I turned around so I didn't have to look at them anymore and danced with my back to Duff. He put his hands on my hips and we moved to the beat.