fourteen [band]

"Where will you live then?" Steven gave me a concerned look. "I... don't know" I sighed, "on the streets I guess".
"No way" Slash said immediately, "you're not living on the streets". He defensively poked at his breakfast.
I frowned at him "you're one to talk. Where were you guys sleeping before I let you in?".
Slash quickly shook his head without looking at me "the streets are too dangerous, end of discussion".
"End of fucking discussion?!" I mocked him, "jesus Slash, you're not my d-"
I swallowed the last word and stood up. More tears spilled down my cheeks as I stormed out of the kitchen.
Before I slammed my bedroom door shut I heard Axl yell "see what you fuckin' did?!".

I threw myself onto my bed and sobbed, a reoccurring ritual for me it seemed.

Minutes passed before I heard the door squeak. "Fuck off" I yelled into my mattress.
"Heather?"
It was Steven.

I swung my head around to look at him. My eyes red and teary. "Do you know what 'fuck off' means?!".

Steven inhaled deeply through his nose "can you please come to the livingroom?".

I let out a joyless laugh "why the fuck would I?".
Steven shuffled closer "please?". His voice sounded soft and pleading.
I let out a big sigh which turned into a sob. Steven kneeled next to me and put his arm around me.
I gave in. I buried my face in his shirt, seeking his comfort.
He scooped me up and stood up, carrying me in his arms. He walked us to the livingroom and set me down on the couch, between Axl and himself.

There I sat, sniffling and my arms wrapped around my knees, as I felt all of them look at me with empathy.

Axl nudged my arm "hey". I looked up at him. "We thought of something" he said.
I didn't say anything until Axl continued "we uhh... we want you to come with us".
I frowned in confusion and wiped my nose "what do you mean?". Axl crossed his arms "well, you can't afford the rent for this place anymore, so you got no place to live. We don't want you sleeping on the streets by yourself. Sooo, you can come with us". I bit my lip and stared at the ground.
"Look," Duff joined in, "we know we don't have the most, y'know, stable lifestyle but at least you won't be alone. We're on the road quite a bit, going from gig to gig and-"
"What gigs?" I interrupted him.
Duff stuttered "the gigs for our band? Holy shit, have we not told you about Gun n' Roses?". I shook my head.
"Well" Izzy laughed, "we're in a band".

I looked at them. Axl was nodding with his lips pouty. Duff was playing with his hair. Izzy had a grin on his face, thinking about the band. Steven was smiling like usual. Slash was sitting with one boot on the couch, he looked a little grumpy underneath his hair. Probably because Axl had yelled at him before.

"You are a band?" I said, more judgmental than I intended. Axl looked at me "yeah... don't believe us?".
"Well I mean I believe you but, I- I don't know-" I stuttered. Axl stood up and walked to the corner of the room, where my uncles old acoustis guitar stood. He grabbed it, walked over to us and tossed it in Slash's arms "give me a G", Axl said.
Slash scoffed but took the guitar in his hands. Effortlessly his fingers found the right place as he strummed a G chord.
"Mmmh" Axl hummed to warm up his voice.
Slash started really playing. His fingers glided across the strings as he moved his head to the music.