fortythree [selfcare]

I woke up because someone opened my curtains and bright sunlight hit the room. "Morning" Debbie said clearly, and she immediately rambled on "the guys are already at the venue, practicing hard. I'm heading over there in a minute, you can get food from the kitchen".
"Uh thank you". I rubbed my eyes.

Debbie grabbed her handbag "righty, I'm off then! The show starts at eight, the boys wanted me to tell you that" she walked straight out.

"Bye!" I said, trying to process what she had just told me with my half-asleep brain.
So I had the day to myself and would go to see the show later that night. Great!

I swung my legs out of bed and went to the kitchen for some breakfast.

After that I showered. The shower was stocked with Debbie's scented soaps, shampoos and scrubs.
I used a little bit from each bottle, hoping she wouldn't mind.
Feeling very fresh and smooth I stepped out and blow dried my hair. It turned out voluminous and bouncy and I spent some time in the mirror playing with it.

Just for the day I put on sweatpants and an oversized shirt that probably belonged to Duffy, as I recognized the smell of his cologne.

I walked through the house, cleaning up here and there.
The guys had left quite a chaos with picking out their outfits this morning and while tidying up I grabbed some pieces that I thought would look good on me for the show tonight.

I also made my bed and sweeped the kitchen, to be nice to Debbie, who had let the six of us crash here for free.

After that I noticed the silence.

I was alone for the first time in a long while.

It gave me an empty feeling in my stomach and my thoughts started racing.

I knew what to do.
I grabbed the little diary that I had stuffed in my bagage last minute and started writing.
This usually calmed me down when I was struggling with something.
Firstly I wrote about the crazy life I was living with the band these last few days.
Then I wrote about my feelings for Slash and how confused I had been.
Lastly I got to the real stuff and worked through some feelings about my dad.

Feeling a lot better, I closed the diary.

I spent the rest of the afternoon making myself some soup and listening to the radio. The sound of Queen filled the house.

"Another bites the dust...
Another bites the dust...
and another one gone,
Another one bites the dust.
Hey!
I'm gonna get you too.
Another bites the dust!"

It was time to get dressed to go see the guys play.

I searched through the clothes I had laying on my bed and tried on a couple things.
After some trial and error with my makeup I put something together that was a combination of my old style and the style that fit with Guns n' Roses. 
It felt very much like me when I looked in the mirror. It made me realize that I felt much more at home in the Rock n' Roll scene lately and I got a confidence boost.
After spraying parfume and all that, I left the house early so I could hang backstage with my musical boys before they had to go perform.

It was a short ten minute walk to the venue and I walked to the side entrance that we had used last time.

AN: the coming chapter is the last one.