thirtysix [bad pills]

"He likes you that's what's up with him".

What the fuck did Slash just say?

"What do you mean?" I sat up a bit.

"How do you not notice these kinda things, Heather?" Slash's jaw tensed up. "He's been flirting with you!"

I shook my head and laughed "well yeah... but so has Axl! I thought that was just how you guys were with friends".

"Yeah Axl can fuck right off too" Slash sucked in air through gritted teeth "but at least with Axl I know he just means it as friends. Duff fuckin likes you."

"Does he really?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Well... not really. He just think you're fuckin hot. He doesn't really care for you, not in the way I-".
Slash closed his mouth and shook
his curls in front of his face.
I looked at him, waiting for him to finish his sentence "Slash?".
But he turned away and laid on his back.

My mind started racing. What was he about to say just now?
Memories from last night slowly came back to me.
And if he was trying to say what I thought he was tryna say... why the fuck did he kiss someone else last night?!

"Yeah, don't even bother I guess" I snapped, when Slash still didn't talk. He jerked up "huh?"
"Yeah don't even bother explaining" my voice cracked a bit but I refused to start crying, "no need to explain your feelings, or your actions last night. No I'll just stay patient while you fuckin make out with other people but refuse to let anyone as much as look in my direction". I sounded cold, I knew that but was just still really hurt.

Slash had a panicked look "shit fuck, I- I haven't explained yet," he sounded incoherent and was talking really fast for his usual way of talking.
"She kissed me, okay? And I know that that's not an excuse... but I wouldn't have kissed her back if only... Okay, fuck, she gave me some pills, looked like X to me. I've had good experiences with X so I took a couple. They were bad fuckin pills, I think. Maybe she did it on purpose? I don't know-"

"What?" I put my hand on his hand, "you were drugged?".

Slash looked at me "you didn't really think I was just that drunk, did ya? I would never pass out after a couple drinks. I can hold my liquor".

"I know that" I said "but... so you..."

"I never would have done that if I hadn't been that fucked up, Heather. Believe me?". Slash pushed his hair out of his face to make eyecontact with me.

I believed him. "Yeah..." I whispered.

Slash smiled and sighed in relief. "Okay" he fell back into the pillows.
"And about not letting people look in your direction... I uhh- I get jealous sometimes. Axl, Duff and those other fuckers think it's funny to piss me off".

"Why would you be jealous?" I grinned. I wanted him to say it.

"Don't make me say it..." Slash grabbed a pillow, put it on his face and crossed his tan arms over it. His bracelets and rings rattled.

I laughed and tugged at the pillow. "You're the worst!" But Slash kept the pillow easily in place. I got on top of him and tried to tickle his sides. His arm jolted up and hit me in the face, right on my blackish bruise. "Ouch!"
Slash immediately got serious when he noticed I was in pain as I slid off the bed.

The door swung open.