thirteen [talk]

Slash stayed with me for over an hour. He didn't even once tried to make me talk, which I was very thankful for.
After my sobs had gone down a little, Slash pulled back my covers and laid me down in bed. He put the sheets over me and tried his best to 'tuck me in'. His effort was cute but you could tell he was a little ill at ease, since he probably had never done anything like this before.
He sat at the end of my bed. His legs spread on either side of my curled up body and he stayed with me until I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up. I looked around but Slash was gone. I mean, not like I expected him to stay with me all night.
I crawled out of bed and got into some comfortable clothes. When I opened my bedroom door I saw five faces.
The guys had been waiting at my door and Slash and Axl must have told the rest that I had been crying, because all their faces were looking at me in pitty.
"Good morning?" I mumbled.
All of them crowded around me to hug me.
"Oh, come here"
"It's okay"
"We're here for you..."
Once I got to a point where I almost couldn't breathe with all of them around me I pushed them off, "guys! I'm fine. Can't we just go eat breakfast like normal?".
They let go of me. "Whatever you want" Izzy said, still looking at me as if I was a sick puppy.
I pushed past them to the kitchen.

Once we were all sitting at the table, eating, I cleared my throat.
"Guys, you uhm... you've probably been wondering what- uhm... why I've been upset and..."
I swallowed.
"My stepmom called yesterday and-". My voice cracked and I looked down. My hands were shaking a little. Then I felt Izzy's hand on mine. His hand was warm and he stroked his thumb over my hand.
I glanced up at him and he mouthed 'it's okay'.
I looked around the table and saw Slash glaring daggers at Izzy, or was I imagining that?

I sniffed "my stepmom called and... she told me", I sighed and tried not to tear up "my dad died".

The whole kitchen filled with silence.

"Heather" Duff whispered "I'm so sorry".
I smiled at him as at last a tear rolled down my cheek.
Axl, who was sitting on my left, put his hand on my back "do you need to be alone? We can go if you-"
I shook my head "you guys can stay, I- I actually don't want to be alone right now".

Suddenly I remembered what else Josephine had told me on the phone "actually..." I said, slight panic raising in my voice, "I wish you guys could stay, but by the looks of it, I won't even be able to stay here any longer".
The guys looked at me, all puzzled.
I continued "my dad always helped me pay rent for this place. Without him, I won't be able to live here, not even for another week".

"Well shit" Axl sighed.