seven [broken glass]

"You guys know what to do right? Cause I really want to go to sleep" I said, trying to hide a yawn. The five drunks nodded and waved their hands signaling that they would be fine.
"Alright" I turned on my heel and walked to my room. I got ready to get into bed as I heard Axl and Slash walk to their room. By the sound of it Axl had to carry Slash's intoxicated body.

I chuckled before getting under the covers and closing my eyes.

It was still the middle of the night when I was woken up by a loud noise. It came from the kitchen. The noise sounded like metal and glass crashing on the ground and a soft cursing followed. After that, it went completely silent. So apparently I was the only one who had heard it, which was no surprise since the others were probably passed out.

I pulled an oversized hoodie over my sheer pajamas and quietly walked to the kitchen. I flicked on the lights and... Izzy.
Izzy was sitting on the ground surrounded by broken glass. "Oh Izz..." I sighed. He looked up at me, and to my surprise I saw that his eyes were teary. "What's up?" I asked, kneeling down beside him, being careful for the glass. He shook his head and I caught him trying to hide his hand behind his back. I gently grabbed his hand and he hissed out in pain. "Izzy, what-?", I pulled his hand to me and saw it was heavily bleeding and a shard of glass was poking out.
I gasped, looked at the hand and then at his face. He looked at me, tears in his eyes, guilt and remorse on his face. "I'm so sorry" he mumbled but I hushed him "shh... Izzy, jesus it's okay. C'mon let's get you a band-aid". I looked at his very wounded hand and added "or... ten band-aids".
Luckily that made Izzy laugh a bit.

I helped him up and made him sit down at the kitchen table. I swiped the biggest pieces of glass on the ground away with my foot and prepared a damp washcloth.
Izzy whimpered when I sat down next to him and grabbed the piece of glass nudged in his flesh.
"Bite your tongue" I whispered, giving him an empathetic look. I grabbed the glass tightly and pulled it out.
Izzy bit into his fist and growled in pain, squeezing his eyes shut. Luckily the shard came out in one go and I gently felt up his hand to feel if there was any glass still stuck in there, which there wasn't.
"You're lucky, I don't think we need to go to the emergency room..." I mumbled, trying to suppress a gag from the sight of Izzy's hand. Izzy tried to grin but a hot tear rolled down his cheek instead.
I swiped it away with my thumb "aww, you'll be fine", I stroked his arm briefly and then focused on cleaning up his hand.
Whenever I would put the washcloth too close to Izzy's cut, his reflexes made him pull his hand away, which he always followed up with "sorry" and then he gave me his hand again.
"It's okay" I reassured him.

After some time his hand was clean and wrapped up in bandages.
Izzy sighed "thank you so much". I looked at him. He was looking down and sniffed while wiping his nose.
I stood up, put my arm around his shoulder and briefly kissed him on his cheek "no problem"
He smiled at me. "-You idiot" I added. He laughed.
I shook my head and went to get a broom for the glass on the ground. Izzy immediately stood up and insisted on sweeping the floor himself. I just let him, even though he looked like he was struggling with his bandaged hand.

"What were you even doing in the kitchen, Izz?" I asked after watching him for a couple seconds.
"I was just" Izzy said, without looking at me, "I was tryna get a glass of water. I couldn't sleep, cause I can never sleep while drunk".
I nodded understandingly, even though I rarely drank alcohol.
Izzy continued "I wanted to get some water to sober up and then I knocked down this whole stack of glasses, I'm so sorry, Heather...".
I sighed "it's, it's fine, they're just glasses, I'm more concerned for your hand".
Izzy shook his head "yeah that's exactly the problem" he mumbled to himself.
"What was that?" I asked.
Izzy sighed "that you're too nice to us, Heather! No one had ever been this... I don't know, this welcoming towards us".

I frowned in confusion.
Izzy stopped sweeping and looked me in my eyes "it's true...".