sixteen [get going]

I was in the kitchen cleaning up breakfast as the guys roamed around the house, gathering their things and getting ready to leave.

"Axl, Slash is gonna want that jacket back at some point. You need to get a tshirt from somewhere"
"It's fine, I'll get one soon"

"Hey Duff, where are my shoes?"
"How am I supposed to know?"
"I saw you wearing them!"
"I never did"
"Ye-"
"Izzy calm the fuck down, your shoes are outside"
"Why are they outside I-"
"You threw up on them!"

I shook my head and chuckled. Steven came storming in the kitchen, when he saw me he stopped "oh hey are you cleaning up by yourself?". I nodded and put away another plate.
He walked over to me and picked up a plate "I'll help". I smiled "thanks, but you're don't have to really, it's almost done".

Steven helped me clean up the last few things anyway and then went to talk to Duff.
I walked into the livingroom and to my surprise saw that someone was still in there. Slash was sitting his hands wrapped around my uncles guitar without playing it. I couldn't see his expression behind his hair.
"Oh, you're still here. The others are about to get going" I said, studying him.
Slash nodded and didn't say anything. He didn't look at me or stand up to join his bandmates.
I hesitantly walked over "Slash? You okay?". Slash looked down and then suddenly grabbed my hand. He pulled me down to sit next to him and shook his curls out his face to look at me. "You're not mad at me are you?" he finally spoke.
I looked around his face, the confusion probably visible in my eyes "no? why?".
Slash was still looking at me "at breakfast. I didn't mean to... be such a dick".
"It's fine" I stuttered, taken aback by his intensity. I glanced down at Slash's hand which was still wrapped around mine. Slash followed my gaze and quickly let go.
He clenched his fist around the neck of the guitar "okay, okay good. Just so you know, I was only looking out for you, I don't think you're weak or whatever". I nodded "yeah, no sure".

Suddenly Axl walked in "Slash we're about to go, are you ready?".
Slash tore his eyes away from mine and stood up, setting the guitar aside "yeah, let's go".
Axl flicked his gaze between me and Slash as if he was trying to figure out something. But when Slash walked past him, he turned around and followed him.

We went outside and I said goodbye to all of them.
"So... we'll be back here tonight and tomorrow morning we can hit the road, like the six of us" Duff looked at me. "Yeah" I nodded "yeah I guess so... I'll go 'n see what I need to take with me".
"Don't pack too much" Axl mumbled "we travel light" he said, pointing his finger at his bare chest emphasizing on the fact that he wasn't wearing a shirt.
I chuckled and waved at them "'right, see you tonight".

"Bye Heather"
"See ya"