twentyfive [shhh]

Duff's head fell to the side and a snore escaped his lips.
Axl and me were the only ones awake now.

After a while he spoke out to me, his eyes still fixed on the road "Heather?", "yeah?", "I'm happy you came along with us".
I smiled and briefly stroked my hand against the side of Axl's shoulder "me too, Ax".
A mischievous smile spread across the redhead's face "...I know someone else who's very happy that you came with us".
I quickly shot a glance at the boys that were sleeping on me and whispered "Ax, whatever you're trying to do, keep your voice down, will you". Axl gripped the steeringwheel "you know what I'm talking about...". "Axl!" I hissed in a panic "this is not really the time. They could wake up any second".
Axl quietly laughed "oh come on, I've been around these guys for a while, and believe me, they're heavy sleepers". I sighed and Axl continued "he does talk about you y'know". I carefully sat up a little straighter "what do you mean?". "It's always Heather this, Heather that... is she safe? Is she sad? Bla bla bla". I blinked and didn't answer.
Axl looked over his shoulder and smirked "and yes, I'm talking about that fucker to your right".
"Shut up" I whispered, looking at my right shoulder, where Slash was peacefully sleeping, not realizing we were talking about him.
"So" Axl turned back to face the road "how do you feel about him?".
"I-" I stuttered "I- don't really know- I don't wanna talk about it". Axl snickered "okay", he turned to me again "oh my god, you're blushing" he exclaimed. "I am not!" I hissed, quickly turning my head away. Axl chuckled.

I was biting my lip and my mind was racing.
God, why did Axl have to make things so complicated? I hadn't figured out my feelings towards Slash yet... I already cared about all five of these guys but I had to admit, with Slash it had been a little different, right from the start. And that time he helped me fall asleep by holding me all night... Uhg, I didn't know what I felt. I just, wanted to have fun with the guys and not think about things too much.

"...you won't tell him anything will you" I eventually muttered.
Axl shrugged "of course I won't. I'm not like that". "Thanks" I whispered "and Ax, do me a favor". Axl looked at me. "Please just pretend like nothing is going on". "I've been extremely discreet!" Axl laughed, falsely indignant. "No you haven't!" I laughed with him "I see you staring, every time him and I as much as look at each other".
Axl grinned "fine, whatever you say".

Izzy stirred and nestled his head further in my neck so I abruptly changed the topic "are we there yet, Axl?". Axl shook his head "no, but almost. About 15 minutes".