twentythree [sugar]

"I'm riding shotgun now". Slash put his hand on Duff's chest "no the fuck you're not". Duff swiped Slash's hand away and opened the car door to the passengers seat"yes I am! It's my turn, okay. I'm tall as fuck, there's no space back there, and as the youngest in my family I never got to ride shotgun. So, move". Duff shoved Slash and sat down in the passengers seat.
Slash balled his fists but then turned around. Axl went to the drivers seat and Steven, Izzy, me and Slash climbed in the back.
Slash was about to throw his lit cigarette out the window "Slash!" I said, as I put my hand around his upper arm, "you can't do that at a gas station". I felt Slash's bicep tighten up at my touch as he looked at my face and then finally growled "fine, I'll chuck it later".
We drove off and Slash got rid of his cig.
"Are we almost there?" Izzy sighed. "Nope" Axl said in a monotone voice "three more hours". "Jesus" Duff exclaimed "didn't know it was that fucking far". "Says mister shotgun" Slash sassed at Duff, while trying to stretch his booted leg in the small car. "Hey I sat back there for a long fucking time, okay?" Duff turned around to Slash, "so go choke on a curl, fluffhead".
Slash blew a strand of hair out his face and kicked the back of Duff's seat.

"Okaaayyy" Axl said sarcastically, "now that the mood is all good n' fun, how about we listen to some music?". Duff turned back around and started pushing a couple buttons on the shitty, old radio, until a crackling sound came out. Duff turned some of the buttons and the sound became louder and clearer

"Red light, yellow light, green-a-light, go!
Crazy little woman in a one man show"

"Hey Def Leppard" Duff said, turning up the volume a little more.
"Uhg, the mainstream radio rarely plays real rock..." Axl scoffed softly. "Fuck off, Ax, I like this song" Steven said, bopping his head to the music.

I liked this song as well and sang some parts along with Steven. The other guys were a little grumpy at first but soon enough started to loosen up, since this song was intoxicatingly catchy.
Izzy even started tapping his foot and Axl started humming.

"Take the bottle, shake it up
break the bubble, break it up"

Slash, Duff, Izzy and Axl finally broke and joined Steve and me in belting:

"POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME
in the name of love
POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME
c'mon fire me up!"

We sang and sped along the highway and I felt better than I had in a long while. I felt free and dangerous and goddamn invincible with these five rockstars on my side. Even though they were idiots some times. Or most of the time. But they were my idiots.

Axl took his moment and belted out a long, high note. "Woo!" I encouraged him. God, he had a powerful voice.

A.N: okay so 'pour some sugar on me' I was actually brought out in 1987, which is later than where this story takes place, but I didn't think about that beforehand okay
lol anyway, thanks for reading everyone

xoxo