five [goodbye]

"This is really good" Steven mumbled, stuffing his face with food.
I smiled at him and looked around the table "you guys are eating like you've been starved or something".
"We haven't had a proper meal in a long while" Izzy said, taking another bite.
I nodded understandingly and looked at Steven who was now intensely staring at me. He looked completely lost in thought. Axl noticed Steven's behavior and waved his hand in front of Steven's face "Steve, you're staring, it's rude".
Steven snapped out of it and finally spoke "oh sorry, it's just, I was wondering, what's your name?" he looked at me.
I realized to my surprise, that I had never introduced myself to the guys. I quickly sat up straight "uhm, my name is Heather".

After breakfast Slash spoke up, something I hadn't really seen him do since I met him "guys, guys" he shouted, "we need to get the fuck outta here, we've bothered Heather enough, alright".
Izzy laughed "yeah, let's go. Before we break anything". Right as he said that, Steven accidentally knocked his plate off the table. It shattered on the ground.
Izzy looked at the broken plate and then apologetically at me "before we break anything else... sorry Heather...".

I waved my hand "it's just a plate".

The six of us walked to the door and I opened it for them.
As the five guys walked past me they said their thanks.
"Thanks for everything"
"You're the best!"
"Thank you for letting us stay"
"Thanks hun"
Slash walked past me. He didn't say anything, fitting for his quiet personality. He just looked me in my eyes and gave me a nod.
I smiled and he smiled back. As he did, his whole face, or whatever was visible of it, lit up.
Wow.

All of them were outside now and I leaned on the doorpost "okay guys, thanks for not completely wrecking my place".
The boys chuckled.
I continued a little more serious "could you guys... y'know, be careful? Look out for each other or something, y'know?"
They simultaneously mumbled "yeah" and Axl nodded solemnly.

"Okay" I smiled "goodbye then I guess".

The guys turned around and started walking while shouting their last goodbyes "bye Heather" "thanks again!".

I closed the door and sighed. Wow, that had been kind of a crazy night. I felt like I had done the right thing though, by letting them stay.
They might be... I don't know, homeless or whatever... but there was something about them. I smiled as I thought of the guys.

But then I inhaled deeply and walked to the livingroom. I better get them out of my head, because I'll never see them again anyway...