nineteen [morning III]

With Slash there, my sobs got gradually less intense.
But every once in a while they worsened when an image of my dad popped up in my mind. I would start to breath fast and my eyes would tear up again. But every time that happened Slash held me close and stroked his thumb over my hand until I calmed down.

I fell asleep in his arms.

The next morning I rolled over in my bed, only to have my hand touch the cold, deserted sheets of my bed. Slash was gone.
I heard some noise in the kitchen and got up to see what was going on. I walked into the kitchen, rubbing my eyes and yawning. Izzy, Axl, Duff and Steven were walking around, helping themselves to some breakfast. "Morning" I said, while still yawning.
"Good morning" Steven smiled.
"Where's uhm, where's Slash?" I asked, trying to sound nonchalant.
"In the shower, why?" Axl said, a grin appearing on his face.
"No reason" I mumbled while looking away to the side.

I sat down at the kitchen table next to Izzy and Duff. "Are you all ready to go?" Duff asked, his mouth full of peanutbutter sandwich. "Yeah, I've packed everything last night" I nodded. Duff nodded as well and picked up the other half of his sandwich. He offered me it. I smiled and shook my head "no thanks, I'll make something myself".
And with that I stood up to make myself some breakfast.

Right when I was finished with my last bite, Slash walked in. He had a towel loosely draped around his waist and another towel twisted around his wet hair. He walked to the counter, looked around for something to eat and grabbed an apple. He tossed it up in the air as he turned around. Whilst walking out, he bit into the apple and adjusting his hairtowel.
Duff had caught me staring "he looks funny with his hair like that, aye?". I jumped and snapped out of my daze "uhh, yeah" I said as I tried to fake a chuckle.
I felt Axl's eyes on me so I stood up "I'm gonna... get my stuff" I said, as I escaped the kitchen.
On my way to my room, in the hallway, I came across Slash. I tried to make eyecontact, mostly to avoid looking at his naked torso, but he walked right past me as if I was nothing but thin air.
Wow.
Last night he cuddled up to me and now he wouldn't even look at me? What was the deal with this guy...