twelve [embrace]

A soft knock came from my bedroom door "Heather?".
I hastily wiped any tears from my face and looked at the door, not saying anything.
"Can I please come in?"
It was Axl. But his voice sounded different than normal. It was soft, gently and genuinely concerned it seemed.

I didn't answer and turned around, pulling up the sheets.

"I'm..." Axl hesitated, "I'm gonna come in okay?". The door squeaked slightly and I heard footsteps approach my bed.
I was laying with my back to Axl so I couldn't see him.

For a moment I didn't hear anything. Axl was probably just standing there, looking at me.
Then I felt soft hand on my side "hey... are you okay?".

The gentle, caring words broke me.
I tried to hold it back, but the tears and sobs overwhelmed me.
I sat up in my bed and put my hands over my face, crying uncontrollably.

"Oh fuck" I heard Axl say.
He quickly sat down next to me and put his arm around me "hey, hey it's okay", he tried to calm me down.
I leaned my head on his chest and he put his other arm around me.
It was clear that he didn't know what to say. I mean, he didn't even know what was wrong.

"Tell me what's wrong baby" he said. Wow, Axl calling me baby, that was new.
I couldn't get out a word. I couldn't say it, I wasn't ready.
Axl let go of me and tried to make me look at him "come on, tell me" he pushed.
I tried to shake my head, I wanted to say that I couldn't talk yet. But I was nothing but a defenseless bit of tears and pain.
Axl sighed.

I squeezed my eyes shut as the tears kept on coming. Axl rubbed my back and sighed again, he sounded like he still didn't know what to do.
We sat there like that for a while.

Then I felt someone else.
A pair of strong arms lifted me up slightly and I was pulled onto somebody's lap. Arms were wrapped around me and immediately I felt undeniably safe and warm.
I nestled my face in the crook of the person's neck and felt soft curly hair on my face. I could also tell by the manly scent of cigarettes, aftershave and just him.
It was Slash.

He moved his hand over my back and rocked back and forth a little.

"She won't talk" I heard Axl say.
"Of course she won't you fuck, she's upset" Slash muttered.
I was so glad that Slash wasn't trying to make me say anything.

"I just wanted to help" Axl sounded aggravated. "Yeah, alright Ax. Just- maybe just go" Slash said.
I heard Axl growl and walk to the door, before he left I heard him turn around and say; "you're not the only one that cares about her, you know. You can't put some highschool-bullshit-claim on her".

I felt Slash move as if he gestured for Axl to leave, without saying anything.

Axl footsteps walked out my room and he slammed the door shut with such force that it scared me. A shock went through my body and I clenched my fists around the fabric of Slash's shirt in fear.
"Shhh" Slash hushed and he rested his chin on my head.

I was still heartbroken, but felt some peace in being so vulnerable with Slash. I didn't know he could be so caring.