eightteen [goodnight]

Izzy and Steven dragged themselves to their couch and Axl and Slash stood up.
Axl walked straight past me to the studyroom. Slash stopped and gave me an apologetic look "sorry bout the guys" he muttered and then he followed Axl.

I looked at Duff. He seemed to be passed out due to the heavy drinking and obviously his encounter with Axl.
I tugged at his arm "let's get you to the couch".
After struggling for a fair amount of time I managed to pull him up and he tried his best to walk with me to the livingroom. Steven was already sleeping but Izzy saw me holding up Duff's heavy body and he jumped up to help me.
Izz and me tossed Duff on the couch and Izzy laid down next to him.
He let out a big sigh and closed his eyes. I looked at the three sleeping guys for a second, enjoying one of these rare peaceful moments.

Then I walked back through the kitchen and the hallway and stopped at the studyroom. I saw Slash and Axl laying on the pullout couch, both shirtless and seemingly asleep.
Axl was laying on his back, with an arm behind his head. Slash was curled up around the blanket I had given him. His dark curls covered his face completely.
I silently walked over to the head of hair and couldn't help but smile while looking at him when he was laying like that. I reached my hand out and gently traced a line with my fingertips along his bicep, down to his forearm and his pinky.
When I looked up again I saw that Axl's eyes were open.
I had thought Axl was already asleep and now that he had caught me, the blood rushed to my cheeks.
Axl smirked, winked at me and turned around as if he hadn't seen anything.

I looked at his bare back, whilst knowing there was probably a prominent smirk on his face right now.
I bit my bottom lip, looked down at the sleeping Slash one last time and walked to my own room, softly closing the door behind me.

I got into bed.
I had some trouble falling asleep though. After minutes of tossing and turning I finally dozed off into a restless sleep.

Not even two hours later I woke up. Tears streamed down my heated cheeks as I breathed uncontrollably fast.
I had had a nightmare, not just any nightmare, one about my dad.

I hugged my knees and squeezed my eyes shut, trying to be as quiet as possible with all the hyperventilating and crying.
I couldn't help it. Some small sobs and whimpers escaped my lips. I put my hand over my mouth and tried to slow my breathing.
I threw my head back and rested it on the wall while closing my eyes.

I was so focused on my breathing that I hadn't noticed that someone had walked into my room. I jumped when a hand softly grabbed my upper arm.
"Shh"
It was Slash.

He didn't say anything. To be honest he looked very tired. He sat down next to me, pushed the covers of my bed away and gently guided me to lay down as he did the same.
He was now laying behind me and pulled the sheets over us. His arm slid down my own until he reached my hand and intertwined our fingers. Slash pulled me close and breathed out slowly.

I was a little startled by the sudden intimacy but quickly got over it because his touch and body warmth made me feel so safe. I used our connected hands to wrap Slash's arm even tighter around myself and laid my cheek against his tanned hand.